Hi This is rahul B system admin I got another company print server with me i dont know the password what that company admin set to psadmin I want to reset this at any cost please tell me how should i do that
You need to install the PSAdmin software that came with the device. From there, you can reset the settings and password.
NOTE: This will reset the device to default factory settings, but its easy to setup again.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1) Install the psadmin software if you have not already. If you have lost the psadmin software then search for it on the web. 2) Start the psadmin software and click "factory reset". 3) If the software demands a password, try "SYSxxxx", where xxxx stands for the last four digits of the MAC address located on the underside of your server. (Example: if your MAC address were "63 XE 29 44 F2 96", then your password would be SYSF296.) 4) Click yes to confirm the reset.
On the back of the print server you will find a pin hole, insert a paper clip for 30 secs with the print server powered on. All lights will flash. Try to setup the server again.
I am looking for a solution as well. Some have said to login as psadmin and use SYSXXXX (XXXX being the last 4 of the mac address: ie. AA:3S:33 the password would be SYS3S33) This did not work for me. Even with the PSAdmin software, it requires a password to reset to defaults or to change the current password, D-Link needed to put a reset button on this unit - this is stupid. I will post if I find an answer.
Yes. In most cases you can reset your D-link DP-300 series or DP-301 series print server yourself even if you don't know the password or IP. This comes in handy in situations such as when the server has made up its own password after being connected to a new router.
Cross your fingers and try the following steps...
1) Install the psadmin software if you have not already. If you have lost the psadmin software then search for it on the web. 2) Start the psadmin software and click "factory reset". 3) If the software demands a password, try "SYSxxxx", where xxxx stands for the last four digits of the MAC address located on the underside of your server. (Example: if your MAC address were "63 XE 29 44 F2 96", then your password would be SYSF296.) 4) Click yes to confirm the reset. 5) Follow the non-intuitive instructions provided with your server to set it up again. (Note that a Quick Install Guide will likely be more useful than a manual for this step. If you have lost your Quick Install Guide then try downloading it from D-link's website, http:/www.dlink.com/default.aspx Locate your model via "product quick find" or "find your product" then click on "support resources" and look for a quick installation guide.)
Shahzad IT Department
Mitsubishi Motors KSA
Try using the psadmin software to do a factory reset. If it demands a password to do this, try using "SYSxxxx" (where xxxx stands for the last four digits of the MAC address written on the underside of the server. If you don't have the psadmin software you may be able to download it off the internet. After doing the reset you will need to follow the Quick Install Guide to set up the server. If you lost the Quick Install Guide you can download a new one from D-link's website. The following link may also be helpful: http://www.fixya.com/support/t224263-dp301p_psadmin_password_forgoten
Unfortunately, D-Link doesn't provide a way to reset the password if you lose it. This is from their website:
the D-Link Print Servers are secure and cannot be reset without the
password. The unit will have to be sent to D-Link to be reset. Please
contact our RMA department at 800-326-1688 M-F 7AM - 6pm Pacific time
to return unit (US only).
You may use the PSAdmin software to configure your print server even if you don't know the IP address. The only requirement is that the DP-300U has to be in the same network (subnet) as your PC running PSAdmin. In the PSAdmin, you will then be able to view or change the IP address.