- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Sounds like the machine is picking up a signal from the paper exit sensor. The flag is not moving freely, or not moving at all. Look down in the paper hopper, ( where the paper is loaded), you might be able to see the sensor. The flag is spring loaded. Sometimes the flag falls off. The flag is black and shaped like a (T).
I just started having the same issue. However, I don't think the problems was understood. You can one sheet of paper; that's all you need to scan. The scanner will not stop until it has cycled through 8 scans and which point it will then prompt that a e1: Paper Jam has occured. You can hit ok and still safe the document, but it is annoying have to go through the cycles or hit cancel to stop the cycling (at which point you can then still save the scan). I believe Alan and I are both looking for a solution to resolve the issue.
Mine started after a serious paper jam. I am in a rather unique situation as I have to requested elevated priveledges to down load/update any drivers. So personnally I am trying to find a way to work around the issue.
Thank you for contacting Fixya.
This error is detected when one of the followings occurs: (TWAIN Error-Paper jammed in the ADF - Code DS32002), Scanner panel error-U1
1) A document does not reach the TOP sensor while the scanner has transported the document about 250 mm to pick. (The scanner performs retry operation.)
2) The trailing edge of a document does not reach the TOP sensor after the scanner transports the document by the length (L) below. (The document may have slipped on the rollers)
Check the followings:
1.Scan condition - Transported length (L) before jam
2.ADF fixed size - scanning Approximately 450 mm
3.Long paper scanning -1.2 times of the specified value
If the imprinter is installed, paper jam can occur in the following case.
If the scanner starts scanning when the imprinter cable (EXT cable) is not connected to the scanner, it does not rotate the imprinter, since it recognizes the imprinter not installed, which results in paper jam in the imprinter section.
Remove the jammed document and close the ADF. When the error frequently occurs, refer to the followings:
1. Do the documents satisfy paper specification? Please read the operator guide for paper specification.
2. Have the documents been jogged?
• Align the edge of documents for stable paper feeding.
• Remove documents with crease or dog-ear.
• Scanning different width of documents may cause skew and result in paper jam.
3. Is the Imprinter EXT cable correctly connected to the scanner? Check the cables. (only when the Imprinter is installed)
4. Clean rollers in ADF and Imprinter and see if the error is removed. (only when the Imprinter is installed)
5. Replace Pick roller and Pad ASY and see if the error is removed. Check the consumable counter from the TWAIN driver screen. When the counter exceeds the values shown, replace Pick roller or Pad ASY.
If the above do not help, then the issue could be caused by the followings:
6. Malfunction of TOP sensor.
7. Malfunction of Cover open sensor.
8. Faulty Scanner Control PCA.
If Imprinter is installed, then the issue could be caused by the followings:
1. Malfunction of Sensor OPB5 lever (only when the Imprinter is installed).
2. Malfunction of Motor LF if the imprinter roller does not rotate.(only when the Imprinter is installed).
3. Faulty Imprinter Control PCA. (only when the Imprinter is installed).
Hope the above information is helpful.Please revert if you have any doubt.
If you are receiving an Error Code 103 or a Paper Jam error,
but there are no pages in the ADF (Automatic Document Feeder), follow
the steps below:
Close the scanning application (such as PaperPort)
Turn off the scanner and the computer
If you have a combination ADF with a Flatbed scanner, unplug the ADF cable from the base of the scanner
Plug the ADF cable back in
Turn on the scanner power
Turn on the computer
Try scanning again
For a Paper Jam or Error Code 103, make sure that the ADF cable in
the rear is connected to the scanner base. Check the flatbed to make
sure that it is clear. A page incorrectly placed on the flatbed may
interfere with a page feeding through the ADF.
If your scanner stops scanning due to a paper jam in the Automatic
Document Feeder (ADF), a warning dialog box appears after a few moments.
To clear a paper jam:
Open the Automatic Document Feeder cover.
Remove the jammed paper and close the cover.
If you are receiving a paper jam error, or if the scanner is
running continuously, check to make sure the paper sensor arm is not
Open the Automatic Document Feeder cover.
Look for the small black plastic arm
When you press on this arm, it should move freely up and down
If the arm is stuck down, please contact Technical Support for troubleshooting options
fi-41990 scanner cleans after scanning 100,000 sheet for paper roller
the pad cleans after scanning 100,000 sheets
feeding path cleans after 200,000 sheets