- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
99.9% of the time when the ribbon sticks to the card when printing, it is due to either poor quality cards, or an attempt to print on a card that has already had an overlay (varnish) applied by a printer. Get yourself a pack of fresh, image-grade PVC cards (they're cheap and readily available) and try printing to them. If the ribbon is still sticking, the other 0.1% of the time it is due to over-temp on the print-head. This can be due to either a wrong AC adapter (they're easy to mix with other office equipment), or brightness/contrast settings too high in the driver.
The ribbon supply roller is driven by a small motor connected via an O-ring belt. The printer rolls the ribbon back and forth to locate the start of each color panel on the ribbon during printing and ribbon detection. Without the O-ring, the ribbon only moves toward the take-up spool, eventually going slack so that the color detector only sees one color - hence the "wrong ribbon" message. In my printer, the slack ribbon also gets chewed up in the print head.
You can order a whole belt kit (~ $20 + shipping) or you can locate a generic O-ring belt (1.8mm x 26mm).
PR-01726 Ribbon Out
Out of print ribbon.
Possible Cause 1 : The print ribbon Cartridge is empty.
Solution 1 : Reload the print cartridge. Change the cleaning sleeve and replace the cartridge in the printer. Run a cleaning card as soon as printing is completed.
Possible Cause 2 : The printer ribbon is not loaded correctly.
Soultion 2 :Load the printer ribbon correctly and then close the cover.
Possible Cause 3 : This ribbon has been completely used.
Solution 3 : Use a new roll of ribbon.
Tips for Success
* When this message appears, replace the old ribbon with the new ribbon of the same type. The printer has already prepared the card data for this ribbon type. You can change the colors of monochrome ribbon (such as from dark blue to gold).
* If you must change the type of ribbon (such as (YMCKT to KT) when this message appears, install the new ribbon, cancel any cards waiting to print, and change the ribbon type settings. Finally, return to the card creation program to send the card data to print.
* If the ribbon was repaired, the wrong take-up spool was used. Repair the ribbon again, using the correct take-up spool.
If you cannot fix the problem contact your service provider for assistance.
When you open and close the lid on this printer, it tries to realign the ribbon. If you are getting this error, I suggestion you Calibrate the print ribbon through the print driver printing preferences on the Calibrate tab.
It could mean that the ribbon sensor on the printer is broken. Sounds like you need to send back to zebra for repair. This is free if printer is still under warranty. check out zebra's website for info on how to return printers for service.