Question about Magellan Roadmate 760 GPS Receiver
Posted by Anonymous on
Have you tried updating the software on your device.
Go to Magellan.com and download the Magellan Content Manger:
Once you've installed Content Manger onto your PC, connect your device to your PC using the USB cord. The Content Manager will allow you to update your 1340 with the latest software and updates which 'should' fix the problem that you're having with your unit.
Posted on May 16, 2010
Magellan support was actually pretty good helping me with the exact same issue. The problem (at least in my case) was that the map files were fragmented. I tried using the Windows defragmenter, but that made fragmentation even worse! The Magellan support engineer recommended I download UltraDefrag instead:
Here's what I had to do to completely resolve my issue:
1. Download and install UltraDefrag
2. Connect my GPS to my PC
3. Move the MAP directory from my GPS drive (J:) to my hard disk
4. In UltraDefrag, make sure Action > Skip removable media is not selected
5. Run the optimizer (Ctrl-F7 or Action > Full optimization) after selecting the GPS drive (J: on my computer)
6. Copy the MAP files back to the J: drive AFTER optimization has completed
I double-checked the fragmentation after the files were copied and got 0%. After disconnecting the GPS from the PC, the unit rebooted and doing an address search no longer takes 15 seconds. POI searchs are also much faster than before.
Posted on Mar 17, 2013
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!