An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: I have a Lexmark X3470 and it won't turn on?
Please follow the instructions given below to troubleshoot the power issue:
1. Connect the printer directly to the power outlet. Surge protectors can actually draw power away from the printer. If this fails, please try multiple power outlets to ensure your specific outlet is not damaged, and make sure the printer is not connected to the PC while testing the unit.
2. When trying to power on the printer, feel the power supply box (if there is one) and note whether or not it is warm. If it is warm, the problem is not in your power supply, but most likely in your printer. If it is cold, the power supply might be defective.
3. Ensure you have the correct power supply connected to the printer.
4. If you have access to a voltmeter, please ensure that the power supply is giving out the correct amount of voltage (most of our printers use 30 volts output).
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If the ink cartridges you purchased are not Lexmark - that could be the problem. I used to have a Lexmark printer and I did the same thing - I purchased ink cartridges that were compatible but not Lexmark brand. Everything seemed fine until I tried to print and then I would get the same error sign and low ink message and it would not print. I kept thinking I was doing something else wrong and tried everything. In the end I broke down and got ink cartridges from Lexmark and that solved the problem. Now I have a Brother printer and I never buy anything other than Brother ink cartridges because I'm always afraid of that same thing happening again. I wish I knew which printers WOULD accept those non name brand ink cartridges, but thus far I do not know of any printers that do. Hope this helps you.
If had refilled the ink then this printer as in build sensor which works only once , that reasons your getting this message if your using original Lexmark cart then if your getting this message then you can contact lexmark get the cart replaced as the cart comes with 6 months warranty.
Hi, can you help me? This printer was working fine for about 4 months and then in wont print anything anoymore. All it says to do is close the lid, but the dam thing isnt open. I tried opening and closing, removing ink cartrige and even slamming it down but still say door opened?