My son installed the stereo. The stereo works, but it isn't getting the xm signal. It is activated, if I disconnect the antenna from the xm tuner the radio displays "antenna" It will give me the serial number but that is it. It won't play the message or even display channel 1 or any other channel numbers. I have tried refresh. Any ideas?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I would do the following, hoping one of them works.
1) DISCONNECT the power to the radio and SiriusXM unit to "clear" it. Then reconnect and ask Sirius to resend signat.
2) Ask Sirius to UNSUBCRIBE that radio so it is deactivated. Then, have them reactivate and resend programing signal.
3) Be sure your car is outside under clear sky when Sirius sends the program signal.
4) It is possible the antenna cable to your unit is loose at the connections and/or damaged. A weaker signal may get your stations, but may prevent the additional Navigational signals. Have the antenna checked thoroughly and tested. If car is still under warranty, this should be a covered diagnostic/repair.
5) Finally, be sure the correct Radio Serial Number is being activated. If your radio works, that is one service. But maybe they are putting a wrong number by some chance into the system to fix this one? For example, you have TWO radios in TWO cars. Are they sending the turn on signal to the WRONG radio? Not as farfetched as you might think.
You best bet - if you can get to the rear of the XM tuner unit, is to temporarily connect a magnetic-mount XM antenna and see if it works. A bad antenna usually says "check antenna" - not loading could be a good antenna with a bad location. I would try the little XM antenna by itself, then go from there. $20 is a lot cheaper than $500. Let me know how it works out.
to reset the radio - it must be removed from the dash and unplugged.
Be sure to write down any anti-theft codes if your radio requires them.
However - since your radio is getting the 2 channels - it is working properly. The problem lies in XM turning on your account.
Be sure to get the correct # off the radio... sometimes there is a transposition error with paperwork.
The number can be gotten by setting your radio to channel 0. This is your radio ID# required to activate the radio.
Your Radio is working fine - call XM and stay on the line until they activate your account.
I have a suspicion the number was written down improperly.
Be sure when you call that the car is on, and that it is tuned to station #1... also - it can take 15-20 minutes to activate - and must be left on for the duration to catch the activation signal that is sent out.
Here are the steps from XM to activate manually-
Get Your XM Radio Activated Online Step1 Turn on your XM radio and tune it to channel 0. The display will read your XM radio's identification number. This number will include both letters and numbers. Write this number down and head to your computer.
Step2 Log onto the Internet and go to the XM radio website. A high speed connection to the Internet will make this go faster, but you can activate your XM radio online with dial up.
Step3 Click on the tab that says to activate a new XM radio. This will take you to a screen where you will enter your XM radio's identification number. Type this in.
Step4 Choose a screen name and password to make an account on the XM web site. The screen name should be something that you will easily remember. The password needs to be at least 7 characters long and include 1 capital letter, 1 lowercase letter, and 1 number.
Step5 Enter your personal information for the activation of your XM radio. This information will include your name, address, and email address. You will also need to choose which service plan you will want to purchase for your XM radio. Enter your credit card payment to finish purchasing your activation of your XM radio online.
Step6 Turn on your XM radio and tune it to channel 1. XM will send a signal out to your XM radio to activate it. You will need to leave the radio tuned to channel 1 for 15 to 20 minutes to activate it.
If you have additional questions or concerns - please ask me first before moving on to another expert.
Thanks for using FixYa!!
My XM just recently started to cut out in certain locations that had no problem before. It seems to be getting a good signal the screen display does not cut out. I lose volume and get static just in certain spots. Anyone know where I should start looking for a fix.
Lately I have been loosing the signal constantly in the house. I've tried different stations to see if it would be any better and it's not. I called xm and they refreshed my signal but it didn't do ant good. It's really annoying to constantly have the signal fade. Everything is hooked up right. This is been going on for about 5 months and my neighbors complain about the same thing.
If your roadyxt came in a red box then you need to hook up the XM SureConnect to your vehicles antenna. The instructions that come with it are simple and straight forward. Your FM transmitter will not work unless you hook up the sureconnect