Question about Olympus Camedia C-5050 Zoom Digital Camera
My olympus C5060 has been working fine, however today it won't download to my laptop. When i plug the camera in the screen comes up with "one moment" and nothing more happens, my laptop does not recognise that anything is plugged in. Also, if the camera is plugged in it will not turn off again. I have tried resetting the settings but nothing seems to work!
First, let's get the obvious/simple things out of the way, just to be thorough :) :
Power off the PC, leave ten seconds, power on again then try it.
Have you tried it with another USB cable
Have you tried it on another USB port on the PC (if you've been using a front port, try a back one & vice-versa - they're often controlled by different chips).
Assuming none of those work, the most likely cause is a corrupted USB driver. To fix this:
* Make sure the camera's USB cable is not plugged into the PC.
* Uninstall the Olympus software (Camedia Master) if you have installed it.
Now delete the C5060 device as follows:
* Go to the Control Panel. Double click on System. Click on the Hardware tab and then click "Device manager".
* Go to the View menu and click "Show hidden devices".
*Scroll to the bottom of the device list and expand the USB list. You will see some USB Mass storage devices.
* Go through the list: double click on one, wait for its properties sheet to open and look at the Location. It will have something like:
Location 0 (C5060Z ).
Hit "Esc" to close the property sheet. If it was the right one, delete it (select it with the mouse and hit Delete). If it was the wrong one, proceed to the next one.
* Close Device manager.
* Reinstall the Olympus software if you are using it.
* Plug the camera's USB cable into the PC as usual. If all goes well, you'll get the "Found new hardware" message and it will proceed to reinstall the driver, following which all should be well.
Posted on Jan 08, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 01, 2012 | Olympus Stylus 780 µ Digital 780 Digital...
Jan 24, 2012 | Olympus FE-46 Digital Camera
Dec 01, 2010 | Olympus Camedia C-350 Digital Camera
Aug 16, 2010 | Olympus FE-170 Digital Camera
Jul 10, 2010 | Olympus ? 1030SW Digital Camera
Apr 28, 2010 | Olympus Stylus 850SW Digital Camera
Aug 11, 2009 | Olympus FE-210 Digital Camera
Oct 04, 2007 | Olympus Camedia C-5060 Wide Zoom Digital...
Jan 23, 2014 | Olympus Camedia C-5050 Zoom Digital Camera
Jul 03, 2013 | Olympus Camedia C-5050 Zoom Digital Camera
109 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!