My calendar dates back 7 years on Outlook but won't transfer to the Treo. It's been synching for 10 hours now and the bar's not even a quarter of the way complete. The calendar setting is set to sync "all". What do I do? Originally I had it set to "last 2 weeks" and it worked fine but now that I've changed it to "all" it just won't finish synching!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You need to go to your phone carrier support page, or to Palm.com and download the daylight savings time update. You SHOULD keep network time checked unless you don't want to pull the proper time from your carrier, such as when you are out of town.
Here are two resource pages which hopefully will help. The first is Palm support page with an update to download for users of Outlook 2003. The second is a discussion thread of Treo users troubleshooting the same problem. Even if the PDA is different, the issue (and error code) is practically the same, Rather than cut and paste what I think is relevant, read the thread and see if one of the solutions listed helps you.
Palm tech fixed my problem.
It turned out some items in Outlook Calendar were corrupted, thus preventing a synch with LifeDrive. The fix is to export the Calendar items and import them. This process fixes corruption. After doing that I successfully synchronized Calendar with LifeDrive.
More specifically. I moved Calendar items to a different folder, thus emptying the main Calendar folder. I exported the Calendar items in the new folder to a CSV (Windows) file. Then, I imported that CSV (Windows) file into the main Calendar folder. Finally,I did a synch and all worked perfectly.
I was tring all the possible ways to resolve the issue. At last got a solution for my problem. Hope this will work for you all. Download the "OutlookConduitUpdater.zip" and install. This will resolve the calender "do nothing" while sync.
Simple fix for a corrupted Date Book sync error (at least it worked for me on my Treo 650).
1). Turn off 'Show Calendar Event' in the Phones 'Options - General Preferences' menu.
2). Turn off phone.
3). Set the Date/Time to the maximum limits (12/31/31) in Preferences.
4). Open the Calendar and view the maximum day 12/31/31.
5). Select 'Purge - (Delete events older then 1 week)' in the Calendars Options menu.
6). Reset the Date/Time to the current day in Preferences.
7). Hotsync (Desktop Calendar overwrites handheld).
8). Hotsync again to make sure you don’t get the error (Synchronize the files).
The attempt to open the database failed.
Date Book application database is not found. Please invoke the Date Book application on the handheld once and re-synchronize.
- Not Synchronized
Outlook Calendar synchronization failed