WPS Connection Method
Before we start, there are some conditions that must be met in order to use the WPS push button method:
- The access point must have a physical WPS push button available. Please check with your device's user guide for details. If the WPS push button is not available please use the instructions on the Standard Connection Method tab.
- Your network must be using the WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access) or WPA2 security protocol. Most WPS enabled access points use this protocol.
1. Press the [Setup] button (A) on the printer.
1. Select [Wireless LAN setup] and press the [OK] button.
The blue Wi-Fi lamp (A), will light up when the wireless connection is enabled.
The printer will now automatically search for access points supporting the WPS feature
The display on printer should be as shown below:
(The message will read: "Press WPS button about 5 sec. and press [OK] on the device)"
1. Press and hold the [WPS] button on the access point.
For exact instructions on starting WPS on your access point, please refer to its user guide.
2. Press the [OK] button on the printer within 2 minutes.
The blue Wi-Fi lamp on the printer flashes while searching for or connecting to the access point.
Once connected, the following screen will appear. Press the [OK] button.
If another screen appears, please refer to "troubleshooting" in the user guide.
This concludes the WPS setup procedure.
Please now proceed by installing the software to make the most out of your PIXMA MX474.
- If you do not have the installation CD that came with your product, please download the manuals and software.
If the WPS wireless setup is still failing after following this guide, please Contact us for further assistance. 1 888 224 4280