Hp laserjet 4 plus printer, message window "Ready", off line button shows red
My hp laserjet 4 plus printer was working up until a few weeks ago. Now, the message windown says Ready, but the off line button stays red. The button has to be green in order to print. When I press the off line button, the light goes off, but then the message windown shows Off line. Any suggestions? I have no manual for this printer.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
To do a soft reset 1. Press MENU 2. Simultaneously press and then release the * button and the # button 3. Press the < or > until the message REINIT FFS appears on the 2nd line of the display 4. Press "Check mark" 5. The process will take about 2.5 minutes. The control panel display will change a few times before coming READY. 6. When READY appears press CANCEL
My suspiction is there is a tab on the tray that triggers a switch telling the printer what type of tray has been inserted. Your old tray is likely different from the Plus 4 tray and the printer knows it.
Try an nvram Try doing a hard or reset or nvram: 1. Turn the printer off 2. Hold down the right arrow and the cancel button 3. Reboot the printer while holding the buttons and hold until permanent storage is displayed. Let go of the buttons and wait for the ready message on the display.
if this does not work contact hp, if within 2 years from the purchase date ask for a case number to have the printer serviced under a service note.
1. Turn off the printer. 2. Press and hold the (Select) and (Cancel Job) buttons simultaneously. 3. Turn on the printer. 4. When you see the message Permanent storage init displays, release the (Select) and (Cancel Job) buttons. When the NVRAM init is complete, the printer will return to the Ready state.
Try to perform a soft reset
1. Press MENU/ENTER.
2. Simultaneously press then release the * button and the # button to enter the Developer's
3. Press the < or > button until the message REINIT FFS appears on the second line of the
4. Press MENU/ENTER.
5. The process takes approximately 2.5 minutes. During that time, the control-panel display
will change several times before returning to Ready.
6. When the Ready message appears on the control-panel display, press CANCEL to exit the
Your Line Interface Unit (L.I.U.) is bad. The part # is C9138-60001. Google for part availability.
1 Open or remove the left side door. 2 Remove one screw at the left of the formatter board.
3 Disconnect the flat flexible cable from the connector.
4 Rotate the LIU around the hooks to remove.