I have an Akai pdp4249g plasma television. Every time I turn it on the tv goes to a blue screen and says auto signal selecting and it tries to detect a signal. It will say signal searching for a few seconds and then says no signal detected. I have the cable hoooked into the television. I have also tried hooking up a DVD player and the television does not detect any input source. I do not have the factory remote and I do not have a manual for the television so I am pretty much stuck at this point. When I called customer service the representative suggested there may be something wrong with the tv unit. Does any one else have any other ideas? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you in advanced.
Yes, I seem to have fixed the problem on my Akai using some creative google finds. One of two things worked - not sure which:
1. Leave the set unplugged overnight - it must let the electronics reset when the residual charges clear
2. For my Akai (remotes and models vary), hit in remote's sequence quickly - brightness, freeze, menu, enter - this places you in some screen that offers a hard reset option. That didn't work right away, but i did it before the option above and then the set worked again.
My problem was really odd because it worked for the component inputs and you could see the video and TV signals inside the PIP windows, but not full screen as primary input. Why the TV could 'see' the signals in a PIP windows but not detect them as primary I have no idea.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Check to see what input setting the tv is on. It could still be looking for a signal from the pc input connection and no pc is hooked up thus getting no signal. Have the device you are trying to display on the tv connected and turned on and cycle through the inputs on the tv until you get a signal.
Hello drifter,The design of the tv enables the auto search to detect any input signal you have selected. It could be TV (off air, video signals etc) so just switch on whatever inputs to the akai plasma befote you switch the Akai plasma on and let it do the work for you. just relax and watch the tv.
1. switch on the input eg video deck, DVD, VCD, or satellite dish.
2. switch on your AKAI PLASMA and
3. wait for the akai to search for your input signals. TRy this simple procedure and if it doesnt work just post back the message.
Do you have any kind of anteanna? Go into the user menu and choose channel, then choose air or cable then do a auto programming this will pull in all the channels that is available and save them to the memory