American Standard 1340M.105.002 Polished Chrome Pillar Tap Metering Faucet Logo

Question about American Standard 1340M.105.002 Polished Chrome Pillar Tap Metering Faucet

1 Answer

Just installed a kitchen faucet and now it leaks when on at the b

When turned on it leaks at the base of faucet, where the facucet and countertop connect. There is no water flowing in that area. Any ideas

Posted by eileenpahuta on

1 Answer


  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.

    New Friend:

    An expert that has 1 follower.

  • Expert
  • 92 Answers

Sounds like you may have clogged the little screens at end of spout try unscrewing and see what happens if not you may be suffering from the returned part open box syndrome

Posted on May 11, 2009

Add Your Answer


Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:


Why Kitchen Countertops are on Top and in Trend?

earth-friendly products is good for us this means it's products that was made from things that could be reuse and made better for our health and environment will be better

Leaky faucet

This is generally due to a loose or faulty cartridge. To fix:

1. Turn off water supply valves under sink.

2. Block the sink drain to avoid losing small parts.

3. Remove faucet handle. It is attached by a set screw, an odd size (I actually used a T9 torx screwdriver successfully, even though the set screw is hex head, since I did not have a matching allen key). The set screw is quite far into the handle, ~3cm, through a hole in the bottom of the handle. Depending on your countertop layout, you may have to actually remove the entire faucet from the countertop in order to get access to it, in which case follow the appropriate parts of your faucet installation directions in reverse.

4. Remove dome. It will come off with a gentle turn/pull.

5. Check the tightness of the exposed large hex nut. This is the piece that holds the cartridge in place. If you are lucky, it is just loose, and that's your problem; otherwise you will need a new cartridge.

6. Unscrew that nut, remove. Pull out the cartridge.

7. Replacement cartridges may be found at your local Moen dealer, or may be ordered directly from Moen +1-800-Buy-Moen. Parts are free due to the lifetime warranty. Part #1255 includes the cartridge, cartridge nut, and set screw. The nut must be changed with the cartridge (presumably due to its wear characteristics).

To reassemble:

8. If you have it, place a very small amount of plumber's silicone lubricant on the back of the cartridge, on the rubber seals around the three holes.

9. Assemble in reverse order of disassembly. The cartridge only goes in one way, due to three guiding channels on its perimeter.


How to tighten mown faucet. Wobbles at base on countertop

There are screws that come up through the bottom. You may have to remove the faucet to tighten it. While you have it out, throw it away and buy a new one.

The spray handle works but the faucet does not. water trickles out of the faucet...spray handle is leaking under the sink. faucet is only 1 year old.

wow need a new faucet?? NO just kidding

Ok the water not running out of the faucet. that is the screen on the end of the spout, just un screw it clean it and your good to go.The leak on the spray, pull the spray out and run it and look at the connection right there on the handle.

if there is no leak, get an other person to run the sprayer and you take a flash light and look up at the bottom of the faucet.and see if you can see the leak from there. The hose should attach to a brass section coming out of the bottom of the facucet, It may be it just got loose and you need to re tighen it. Now yo will need a basin wrench to do that . If yo dont have you you can buy a cheap on ( which is all you need) from a hardware store,

Also if you take your hand and feel around the the bottom of the sink where all the pipe come down it might be the fauect itself.

Good hunting be safe protect your eye


Replaced back yard facucet now water wont turn on

make sure you have water coming to the tap, if so then you need to take the tap apart theres an inside seat there that you can adjust for more or less flow

When installing do you silicone each piece for example the faucet , the soap dispenser ,the sprayer , and the tap

Hi seawitch678,

If you have a granite or stone countertop/sink, use silicone as plumber's putty will stain the stone. Plumber's putty is petroleum based so it will not adhere to stone. Normally you should use what the manufacturer recommends and where they recommend. When installing a faucet, put either around the base of any piece that goes through the countertop.

Hope this helps. If it does, I'd appreciate your vote. Thanks,

Handie Andie

Water leaking from the faucet onto the countertop.

Check out this web site and it looks like it should be a o ring at the base, anyway I hope this will be helpful.
It has a breakdown of faucet internal parts.

Kitchen spout leaks

Hi buffy9,

I'm Harvet the Master Plumber.

Your question is: You have an American Standard two faucet in my kitchen and the base of the spout leaks at the base. How do you remove it and replace the washers?

Are we talking about an American Standard two HANDLE faucet or one of the single handle models?

Thank you,
Harvey your Master Plumber
Oct 16, 2008 • Plumbing
Not finding what you are looking for?


Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top American Standard Plumbing Experts

john h

Level 3 Expert

28844 Answers


Level 3 Expert

85241 Answers

Paul Carew

Level 3 Expert

3758 Answers

Are you an American Standard Plumbing Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides