Question about RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready Television

2 Answers

Flyback Transformer replacement instructions?

The flyback transformer went in my RCA D527DYX1.


Does anyone have detailed instructions on  how I can replace this myself?


I know what it is, but it looks like it maybe clips into place, but not sure, I don't want to damage my TV. Figured instructions would do the trick.


I am a computer engineering tech and have worked on CRT monitors, etc. So I understand high voltage safety etc. :)


Please help. :(



Posted by Anonymous on

  • 3 more comments 
  • Anonymous Oct 18, 2007

    I have not found out the procedure yet, but it looks like there are plastic clips on the flyback that hold it tight to the circuit board.  I'm thinking that the pins soldered to the cb probably slide into the flyback freely, but not certain.  A flyback is between 50-80$ for this tv, but I'm afraid to damage the cb if I try to remove it without confermation that it just clips into place.

  • Anonymous Oct 19, 2007


  • titanfan5001 Nov 04, 2007

    I have a Zenith z46z70vb rear projection TV. It started arching between the large red wire with a black boot and what I believe is the anode of the flyback transfomer. I put more silicon around the anode and it quit arching but now I have sound but no picture. None of the the 3 bulbs come on. When I used a needle nose pliers to remove the large red wire with the black boot it would not come out . I have destroyed the boot and lt still will not come out. Befrore I destroy this thing should I try to replace the flyback and red cable. Is there a way to check this circuit or could something else be causing my problem? Please help with pictures if possible. Thanks Dan.

  • psychoangell Dec 21, 2007

    Ihave a rcs tv and trying to replace the flyback but the wires will not come out, it seems they are made on it. does anyone know how to remove the two red wires?

  • Anonymous Apr 23, 2008

    Resolved. Called a tv tech:)



2 Answers


  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.


    An expert who has answered 200 questions.

  • Expert
  • 317 Answers

Remove solder from all pins and squeeze clips to remove...

Posted on Oct 19, 2007



New flybacks come with second annode attatched so wires do not come out of old unit

Posted on Jul 09, 2008


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Spraying sound and tv shuts off

the flyback transformer or the Box cap CL031 is arching and will need replacement the flyback is most likley of the two. You can get flyback transformer with instructions from

Jan 18, 2012 | RCA HD52W59 HDTV Projection Television

1 Answer

Convergency has gone out of sync, went to try to realign but the convergeny setting was not listed in the tools menu.

Thats usually caused by a blown FL231 Fuse and a blown DL231 diode that blow when the flyback transformer develops solder cracks around the pins. The repair is to first resolder the flyback then replace the FL231 fuse and DL231 diode. You can get the RCA / GE convergence option missing repair kit which has the parts and repair instructions from

Jul 09, 2011 | RCA HD61W66 61" Projection HDTV

1 Answer

W to replace the flyback transformer on an RCA rear projection tv

Go to you need the 270125 flyback kit listed under the RCA repair kits. The flybackk comes with the CD with step by step instructions.

Apr 06, 2010 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

Wont turn on

If the power indicator flashes three times and then goes out. You will need the 270125 flyback repair kit which has the replacement Flyback transformer and the associated capacitors, plus the CD with detailed instructions. You can get the kit at under the RCA repair kits catagory

Nov 28, 2009 | RCA HD61W66 61" Projection HDTV

1 Answer

So...I'm told that I have a bad ballast in my 52" RCA projection TV. Can someone describe to me what the ballast looks like so I can I.D. it whan I open this TV up again for the 3rd time.

If your model is the D52W20 RCA you dont have a ballast you have a flyback transformer. Locayted on the far left side looking in the rear. Its a 259296 flyback and you can get one at the flyback comes with the CD with detailed instructions

Nov 13, 2009 | RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...

1 Answer

RCA D52W20TV won't power up

If you know how to solder/desolder, no it isnt. Slinteriors on this website knows how. His address is [email protected]. he has parts and instructions on how to do it. I just replaced the flyback and cp150. Got the parts from him, and also got instructions on how to get out the circuitboard. Didnt trust myself to do it, so I took the board into a local computer repair guy who does soldering. He got the new ones on and tv is working fine now.

Mar 18, 2009 | RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...

1 Answer

RCA CTC203 chassis-Flyback and hot replacement

Use the one that comes with the new transformer. The old one can be removed by squeezing the sides of sucktion cup.

Dec 15, 2008 | RCA F32668 32" TV

1 Answer

D52W19 Screen Flicker

Go back to FBT check and make sure your high voltage wirer is in good.

Sep 18, 2008 | RCA D52W19 52" Rear Projection Television

1 Answer

RCA(32 inch)

It is possible to repair it yourself. Let me caution you though. There are a number of generic manufacturers that sell replacement flyback transformers at less $$ than the original. The shop is most likety using the factory original which runs in the $75 range. Figuring on a typical labor rate of $125 for a 32" set gets you to the $200 figure. Realize also, that the $200 will include any other supportive parts that may be required in all probability as well as at least a 90 day guarantee.

May 29, 2008 | RCA F32650 32" TV

1 Answer

RCA P52937 Flyback Transformer question

The lead going from the flyback to that other device is a voltage divider or splitter as they're incorrectly referred to... To remove the leads press down firmly, twist and then pull up...

Nov 21, 2007 | RCA P52937 52" Rear Projection Television

Not finding what you are looking for?
RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready Television Logo

Related Topics:

3,822 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top RCA Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

76403 Answers

matt martin
matt martin

Level 3 Expert

1258 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

6120 Answers

Are you a RCA Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides