Your question has many problems due to the way you're explaining things.
My car is missing a bolt, can you help me?
Your question is exactly like what i just posted above. And in order for people to help me i have to explain the following things and force other people to ask me these questions.
- What kind of car is it
- What model number is it
- What kind of bolt is it (metric or american)
- How long is the bolt
- From where was the bolt taken
So, lets clean up your question first.
- What model PS2 are you using (slimline or thick) and what version
- What mod chip are you using (since you used the word chip I'm forced to assume you are using a mod chip)
- Is the chip solder-less or soldered into the PS2
- What media will and will not the PS2 read. Just saying "has stopped working for 95% of my games" doesn't mean anything. Is it not playing playstation 2 games. Is it not playing playstation 1 games. Does it read retail DVD movies. Does it play retail CD Music. The reason behind these questions are to tell tech's what's goin on since we can't actually test your PS2 for you. Once you've defined your question better, then someone can help you. The reason for testing different media tells techs what parts of the PS2 laser lens are and are not working(if any work at all) Basicly there are two independant parts to your laser assembly one part controls DVD's one part control CD's. DVD's include PS2 games and DVD movies. CD's include PS1 games and Music CD's. It is possible for one to function and not the other. Happends all the time.
Please clarifiy your question. I'll check back in a couple days.