I bought the above camera and installed the the solution disk. Everything was working fine then it stopped working. Cant download my photos to the computer. In Add and Remove hardware I tried to remove the software to reinstall it. It seems that the components have disappeared there are no MB's left on the list of components although it has not removed the the name of them. There is a long list of Canon programes listed with no MB. I now find the Solution disc will not reinstall. Any help would be great. Thanks Maggie. UK
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: canon A430 DIGITAL CAMERA
As for the software....Download a registry cleaning toll like registry cleaner and clean your registry and re install...
then do this..... Try this.Right-click on my computer->select "properties"->Hardware->device manager->Imaging devices If you find an exclamation mark next to the device it means it was not installed correctly. Click on your camera device and press "delete".It will ask for confirmaton press yes.then restart your computer and open control panel->find new hardware->click find Your hardware drivers wil be re-installed.
Do this and if it wont work tell me and we wil try something else!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There is a CCD sensor mechanism problem. Go to a specialist to fix it. Is a very complicated procedure and you cant fix it at home.This is caused by the sand and dust particles and many Canon A 430 cameras have this problem.
Supported windows Operating system
Windows 98 Second edition(SE) Windows Me Windows 2000 Service pack 4 Windows XP SP 1 and SP 2
Canon PowerShot A430 has no update about the new driver software for windows 7
Try doing this direct transfer in your computer
1. Connect the camera to your computer using the supplied USB cable of your camera.
2. Set the mode dial to (playback) and turn on the power. The camera and computer will be able to communicate.
3. If there is no pop up window that has Canon CameraWindow, Click the [Start] menu and select [all Programs] or [Programs]. followed by [Canon Utilities], [Camera Window], [PowerShot-IXY-IXUS-DV 6] and [CameraWindow]
4. Download the images. * Download the images using the camera or the computer. * By default, the downloaded images are saved into the [My Pictures] folder.
** If the above process does not work you can just use the memory card of your camera and connect that on your laptop. (some laptop has built in card reader) The memory card works like a flash drive and you can just transfer files like transferring from one folder to another.** Issue on the operating system compatibility.