Question about Zebra 105Se Thermal Printer
Posted by Anonymous on
SOURCE: TLP 2844 skips over labels
The first thing I would do is to default the printer then run a width calibration. The instruction are in the user's manual that should have come with the printer. If the instruction did not come with the printer I can provide the instruction.
Posted on May 08, 2008
just switch off the printer ,and then hold the green button power on the printer now and wait upto 4 bliknks of green led then remove the fingers.now printer will calibrate the label..
if still the problem exist .check the notch in the ribbon core.an adjust the spring tenson of rippon supply and take of roolers in printer
Posted on Dec 05, 2008
It sounds like they may need to set their "Q" values for the labels they are using. If that isn't it, we may need more info - are they using Zebra brand or custom labels?
To start with, I would ask them to try adding these "Q" value commands: q456 Q152,24
If that doesn't work, then maybe they can provide the other info mentioned above so we can understand the problem better.
Posted on Jan 05, 2009
SOURCE: Zebra 105SL label issues
I am surprised that you are using that sequence of buttons to solve this problem. I am pretty sure that they want you to go into the "Media Sensor Calibration" setup in the config menu. It is a bit more complicated than what you have described. I also believe that the size of the gap on two of your labels might be out of tolerance (they are usually 1/8" gaps between the labels). The black marks are a problem for the transmissive sensors. You may need to move the transmissive media gap sensor (remember it has two parts: upper and lower). I would usually setup mine for a place beyond the black mark so that you are looking at just the white paper.
To start out:
1. Load the backing of a 6" strip of media (no label attached).
2. Remove a ribbon (if you usually use one).
3. Close the printhead.
4. Press SETUP/EXIT and then NEXT/SAVE until "Media and Ribbon Calibrate" appears.
5. Press "+" to start the calibration procedure. You should see the "Load Backing" in the LCD Display. You already have the backing loaded so continue to the next step.
6. Press "+" to answer the message and the next screen should say, "Remove Ribbon". You have also removed the ribbon.
7. Press the "+" to continue. You should see the screen say, "Calibrating Please Wait". After the sensors are setup by the machine a new screen should appear, "Reload All".
8. Open the printhead, and move the labels until they are loaded correctly to print. Smooth out the ribbon and load it correctly.
9. Withe media and ribbon now loaded, press "+" to continue and the machine should say, "Media and Ribbon Calibrate".
10. Press the Setup/Exit button once. It should say, "Save Changes Permanent". Press Next/Save to finish the process.
11. Do a normal calibration of your stock and print a label.
You are done. The machine will run for the labels you have setup the sensors for. Unfortunately, you must do this for each of the media types. To automate this, you could run a Configuration listing, capture the settings you just created for each type of label. Take these to a programmer to have them send the setup to the machine before the job. This is beyond the scope of this type support to really help you.
Posted on May 29, 2009
You need to calibrate. Hold down the feed key while powering the printer on, then let go. The printer will calibrate, print a config label, then fo into dump mode. Press the fee key again to go out of dump. Of your issue persists, there could be a problem with yoru media, or with the commands that you are sending to the printer.
Posted on Jan 31, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 03, 2013 | Zebra 105Se Thermal Printer
Nov 27, 2013 | Zebra 105Se Thermal Printer
Aug 12, 2013 | Zebra TLP 2824 Printer
Sep 02, 2011 | Datamax DMX-I-4208 Label Printer
Jul 10, 2009 | Zebra Stripe S500 Thermal Label Printer
May 28, 2009 | Zebra 2746e Thermal Printer
Dec 29, 2008 | Intermec EasyCoder 3400 Thermal Label...
Dec 04, 2008 | Zebra 110Xi III Plus Thermal Printer
Sep 29, 2008 | Zebra 110XiIIIplus Direct Thermal/Thermal...
May 07, 2008 | Zebra TLP 2844-Z Thermal Label Printer
62 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!