Question about Computers & Internet
I had downloaded a full boot disk software from freepcfetch web site. its around 200mb with boot up utilities , virus scan , hard disk erroe recovery and more... while downloading it in 7-zip self extractor archive. i extracted at it become an .iso image file.. please tell me how to make the boot disk from that software.....
You need to use ISO burning software. Nero has built in features for that, winiso can do it as well, or even microsoft windows xp.
For just windows XP you can download a tool and burn directly. You do however need to have Windows XP SP 2! <--- Important
Link to the site with the FREE download. This doesnt always work, but nearly always :)
Posted on Oct 10, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
When you purchase Windows 7 from Microsoft Store, you have the option to download an ISO file or compressed files.
The Windows 7 USB/DVD Download tool allows you to create a copy of your Windows 7 ISO file on a USB flash drive or a DVD.
To create a bootable DVD or USB flash drive, download the ISO file and then run the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download tool.
Once this is done, you can install Windows 7 directly from the USB flash drive or DVD.
Hope it helps
The Bios should not be your problem and the MBR doesn't have anything to do if you didn't play with Windows installations or with any utility to create an image of your hard drive.
To understand where the problem is coming from:
- Ask someone to go to http://www.knoppix.org/ and download a Knoppix CD
- Create a bootable CD from the ISO downloaded
- Enter in your Laptop BIOS settings and change the first bootable device as the CD/DVD
- Insert the Knoppix CD and boot your Laptop
- Knoppix will start and ask boot:
- Just hit Enter
- When Knoppix has finished and it's running you will have a nice graphic interface
- click on the HD icon on the desktop and see if you can see your files, if not you have a bad Hard disk
- Knoppix has also a utility to test the memory too.
If you tryied to install another copy of Windows or you made an image using some software like Ghost, you have to:
- boot from a floppy disk (Download and create from here http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm, I suggest Windows 98 SE)
- At the prompt type FDISK /MBR and press Enter
ATTENTION: If you type something different you may distroy all your files on your hard drive
Usually answered in minutes!