My daughter's motorola L6 got wet and it will no longer turn on. The sticker near the battery is still white (indicating NO severe water damage) but with our w/o the battery it will not turn on.
HELP!?!? I refuse to buy a new phone
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Remove the back cover and battery of the device. Set the battery aside and look inside the phone. In the lower right hand corner near the gold prongs there is a circle sticker. It will be on the side wall of the device. If the sticker is red, your phone has been exposed to water damage.
Actually, they are right about it being wet. Near the battery, or if you take it out there will be a dot sticker. It should be white. If it is anything else, it IS water damaged. In this case, You can't do anything and will need to buy a new one.
i wont suggest u this at home ... a practical solution for this is " u need to dismantal ur phone and dry it in the sun 4r 2 .. 3 hrs ...............if this also wont work need to concern moto care center
Advise. If this is your 3rd RAZR V3, you must encourage Cingular (Now is the new AT&T) to replace your whole unit with another model. A friend of mine exchange his phone 4 times, until Cingular replace it. Motorola had too many problems with RAZR phones and that's why they launch quickly the SLVR L7.
They still producing the RAZR, because users love the style and shape of the phone, but reality is that Motorola had several heavy issues with RAZR (Bluetooth, batt, microphone, etc.)
If you're paying for an insurance on your unit, encourage them to replace it.
oooh doesnt sound too good! but my phone got a bit wet and stuffed up quite a bit so last night im my room on the shelf, i took out my sim card, battery, back cover and left it open to get some fresh air. and now it works fine:) goodluck you might want to try that but yours was alot wetter than mine!