Using the JMB HB-250 Bread Maker
Those of you who have acquired the HB-250 bread-maker without a manual may require some advice on how to get started. I do not have a user or service manual but have used this machine for some time. How to load the tin
For this bread-maker to work flawlessly it is best to load the ingredients in the following order: A basic bread recipe is included as an example:
First Liquids. 300ml water
Second Flour. If you aerate it so much the better. 500grams
Third Ingredients in each corner:
salt / butter / milk powder (if desired) / sugar.
1 tps salt / 15 grms butter / 2 tps mik powder / 1.1/2 tps sugar
Fourth Yeast. Make an indentation in the centre of the flour and tip in the
contents of the sachet. Sachet is 7 grms.
You are ready to go. You can get loads of recipes by trawling the web.Operation.
This is a very simple machine and it gets the job done without complications. It is what it is without all the bells and whistles. You must observe the cooking times because it is no good starting a whole-wheat loaf at 3:0pm hoping it will be ready for 5:0pm
There are six selections to choose from: Basic, W.Wheat, Sweet, French, Cake, and Dough. The approximate time cycles for each of the selections is as follows:
- Basic 190min 3h 10m
- W.Wheat 230min 3h 50m
- Sweet 200min 3h 20m
- French 210min 3h 30m
- Cake 85min 1h 25m
- Dough 75min 1h 15m
- Plug the unit into the wall socket and switch on. A long beep is heard and the green indicator above the ON/OFF switch is illuminated.
- Using the Select button press and choose the method for your bread. A green indicator will show you which selection you have made.
- Press the On/Off button to start the bread-maker. The chosen selection indicator will start flashing
Once started the machine will continue to the end of the cycle. Stopping the Bread-maker
. To switch OFF or reset the operation press and hold the ON/OFF button until the machine resets and the selection indicator stop flashing. The machine is now in its OFF position. If required you can re-select a program or just switch off.W. Wheat Selection
- Using this selection the machine appears to do nothing when switched on. It will take 30 minutes before you hear the machine in operation. Do not assume it is not working it is. The heater slowly increases the working temperature required by the ingredients.Once cooking starts
- don't be tempted to lift the lid to see what is happening. Buy a high-powered LED torch and view the workings through the window on the top of the machine. Opening the lid destroys the internal temperature; this will cause your bread to deflate.Adding extras:
If you want to add fruits or olives etc to your loaf; wait until 8 beeps is heard then add. This will be approximately half way through the proving cycle End of cycle:
The Morse code for VICTORY (as 3 sets of dit dit dit dah.) is heard.