Question about Whirlpool MH2155XPS Microwave Oven
This may have already been dealt with, but others can benefit from an accurate, thoughtful reply to this problem.
I would suspect a shorted high voltage diode or bad magnetron.
If you or a friend decide to work on it, we have *critical* safety, disassembly, and troubleshooting info at our site, which is linked at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk
You can find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your full model number here: http://tinyurl.com/gv383
Generally, the most common causes of a failure to heat are:
- bad door switches or door switch mounts
- loose connection at the magnetron
- problem or loose conneciton on the control unit circuit board
- bad magnetron or other high voltage part
If you or a friend decide to look into it, we have critical safety information, info on door switch diagnosis and replacement, and
disassembly information at our site, linked here on Fixya: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk
Posted on Nov 26, 2007
It has a problem in the high voltage which should only be repaired by an experienced technician for safety. On some models the magnatron has a longer warranty than just one year. Will have to check your manual. High voltage parts are magnatron, capacitor, diode, and transformer. If it isn't under warranty it's almost better to buy new due to repair costs on microwaves. May be worth at least having it checked by a technician.
Posted on Oct 08, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: