Try lifting the unit asif you were going to change the cartridges and you should see a gap where part of the chasis will hit a contact, get a can of compressed air and blow into this gap. this should dislodge the contact and put it back to its normal position
Hope this helps
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It is probably best to replace cartridges individually as necessary. Let me explain. The printer display will tell you when a cartridge is "xx near empty" and when "xx empty" (where xx is the cartridge color).
1) Near Empty - you can continue to print. This message is to remind you to get a new "xx" cartridge and have it on hand.
Replacing the cartridge when "Near empty" will cause the machine to report "xx Empty" when it is not. It will not register that you have replaced it at "Near empty." Wait to replace the cartridge when you get the "xx empty" message.
2) XX Empty - you may not be able to continue printing. Replace cartridge "xx" now per your manual.
If you have replaced or reseated more than one cartridge, and you get the "no cartridge" error, you need to find out which one the machine "thinks" is problematic:
1) With the scanner cover open and locked in the "Up" position, the message may change to "Change cartridge, install xx" (xx refers to the color )
2) After changing the suspected cartridge and closing the scanner cover, be sure to notice the display. It will say, "Changed XX? 1. Yes 2. No" Press 1.
If all this explanation does not work, keep it in mind for next time. Brother says to unplug the machine for at least 10 seconds, then plug it in again. If the display shows the date and time, problem solved. If not, you may need to contact brother support.