- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
hi.gud day...tnx for question.im gerbee here in the phillipines, the problem of the the unit is have an dirt or water,& oil coz why the unit is not stoping cliking sound.the best thing to is clean the area were the problem it is,first unplug the unit & turn in off the gas line for the safety..get the vacium & bottle of thinner...first remove all the knobs of the control valve(make sure to remember how to remove the knobs coz if turn back as how you remove it). then drops some thinner located on valve switches(knobs position) 5-10ml,,,then put the vaccium in the place were u drop the thinner to suction the thinner,oil & some dirt.try 2 times for good result...after this if is not work n nid to call an expert tecnician to dismantle & clean the micro swicth one by one(no nid to replace the parts)
Anytime you turn on a gas range all burners click for safety reasons. If a knob has been turned by mistake the gas lights to prevent gas from escaping into the room. If you turn the control knob past the LITE position after the burner lights you should be OK and stop the clicking. If the clicking continues regardless you have a defective ignitor switch that must be replaced.
This is an easy problem to fix. If your repair man is correct and it is the spark module and not a wire harness problem you can pick up a spark module as sears for about $37 and it only takes a couple of minutes to install. Just pull off the back panel and replace the module. This is a repair that anyone can do. I would recommend unplugging the unit before replacing.
hi gud day,i think the sensor is we have problem is hard to repair in ur own,try to call the person have expireince for repair that unit, or ur igniter ligther have damage like small broken if u hear have click is ok but much better to check the igniter coz the broken igniter is not directly spark in the burner that why is not light.to check if remove the burner base cover then see if the igniter like a small niddle color white,turn the knob to click the igniter then see it wer the spark directly if u not see it means have a broken igniter.
It is possible that once the unit dries out the clicking will stop. If it doesn't, you will need to call someone to have the problem addressed. You will need a spark module and or an ignition switch(s).
First of all- when you turn any ONE of the burner knobs to "ignite" all FOUR burners will spark/click. This is normal. If you're getting a spark from the ignitors when all knobs are set to "off" then you most likely either got some moisture into one or more of the switches below the knobs (sometimes they will dry out and be fine after a while, but I have seen them burn-up/melt/arc too) OR one or more of the switches is stuck/shorted. Good luck and hope this helps.
Unplug the range before working on it and don't attempt anything you're unfamiliar or uncomfortable with.
I've had the same problem for 2 years. Today I removed the four burner tops, the 15/16 inch bolt that holds the burners in place, took everything apart (simple connections underneath), completely cleaned and dried eveything. I also cleaned the 4 knobs and making sure the 4 swiches slide up and down freely then dried everything with a hairdryer. Is now works fine but if the problem comes back, I'll simply unplug the cooktop and light it manually. P.S. I stripped one of the large 5/16 inch bolt that had become weak and brittle. - Try using water or some liquid to loosen the bolts as necessary. Good luck, CHEERS!
Usually this happens when water or some type of liquid gets on one or more of the igniter switches. Let it dry for 48 hours, turn the power back on and see if it keeps on clicking. If it does, one of the switches needs to be replaced. Not a very difficult job.
Hope this helps,