You may want to see if the Printer is actually compatible with Windows Vista first before you try anything else.
If your Printer is Listed Below, then unfortunately it will not run on your system unless you format the machine and downgrade to Windows XP. (Or obviously you can wait until the device is supported, but to be honest that could be months, years).
- Lexmark Z11, Z12, Z22 & Z32, Z31, Z42, Z51, Z52 - work with pre-installed drivers
- Lexmark Color Jet 3200, 5700 - work with pre-installed drivers
- Lexmark X5400, X4200, X1200, Z645, Z840, Z730, X2400, X3400, P350, X7300, X8300, X9300
- Lexmark X1100, Z500 & Z600 (combined), P4300, X3300,
X2300, X7100, Z810, Z700, X5200, P6300, P910, P6200, X6100, X5100,
- Lexmark 1100, 1200, 2400, 3400, 4200, 5400 Series, Lexmark
X7350, X8350, X9350, P350, Lexmark 640 Series, Lexmark 730 Series,