Question about Washing Machines
F27 is an Overflow Condition error. If the Overflow contact on the pressure switch is closed for more than 60 seconds an Overflow condition will occur. In an Overflow condition, the Door may remain locked, and the Drain Pump may run constantly, even if PAUSE/CANCEL is pressed twice and the Display is cleared. Unplug the unit to service. This is verbatim from the tech sheet. You will need to check to following:
1. First, UNPLUG the washer for at LEAST 30 minutes in an attempt to reset the Central Control Unit (CCU). Sometimes this is all that is required to correct momentary glitches with the unit. If the error code reappears, proceed to step 2.
2. Check the drain hose and make sure it is not plugged or kinked.
3. Check Wire Harness connectors to the Drain Pump, Pressure Switch, and Central Control Unit (CCU).
4. Check/Clean Drain Pump Filter of foreign objects.
5. Check for Drain Pump Failure.
6. Check the Inlet Valve for proper shut off
7. Check the Pressure switch for proper operation.
1. Check the drain hose by removing it from the standpipe and pulling a vacuum on it with a shop vac. You may have an obstruction in the drain line or drain pump. It is also a good idea to check the drain hose just prior to the drain pump as well. This is the hose that attaches to the bottom of the tub and runs to the inlet side of the drain pump. This area can get clogged with small articles of clothing.
2. Unplug the washer and remove the kick plate and top panel. Check for any loose connections at the drain pump, pressure switch (located in the right rear of the machine), and the CCU (located in the rear of the washer with all the wiring running to it). You may have a loose or dirty connection somewhere. If you remove any connectors, make sure you write down where they go. It's best to only remove ONE connector at a time when checking the CCU. On the pressure switch, make sure the clear tubing (air hose) is still attached. With the air hose off, loose, or leaking, the switch will not work and the tub will continue to try to fill. This may generate an F27 error.
3. The drain pump. Remove the clean out cover on the pump and check for debris. Make sure you drain the water from the drain lines, pump and hoses PRIOR to removing the cover. Otherwise, you will have about a gallon or so of water to clean up. The shop vac method works great for this. Look for obstructions in the clean-out trap and impeller area of the pump.
4. The inlet valve. If the inlet valve would fail in this manner, the tub would be trying to fill with water all the time and not shut off. You need to ask yourself if you find standing water in the tub when not in use.
5. The "Sud" error. This occurs when air from too much detergent gets into the drain line. If you are using HE detergent, HOW MUCH are you using? Some things to consider:
a. Do you have soft water? This can actually cause the soap to suds better making the need to cut back on how much you use.
b. Look at the detergent container. Is it double or triple concentrated? Some detergents are sold as extra concentrated which means you need to cut back on the amount you use. Not doing so can cause the water to over suds.
c. What size loads are you using the detergent in? Running small loads with the same amount of detergent can also cause an over suds condition.
NOTE: Knowingly or unknowingly using the improper detergent on these model washers MAY void your manufacturer's warranty. Read all instructions and documentation that comes with the appliance, thoroughly.
Rule out the simple common sense things first. If everything else checks out and your problem still persists, you may have a component failure (more commonly, the CCU or pressure switch)
Posted on Sep 15, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 12, 2016 | 2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid
Aug 03, 2014 | Fisher and Paykel Washing Machines
Jun 15, 2012 | 2009 Yamaha V Star 1300
May 06, 2012 | 2009 Yamaha V Star 950
Apr 18, 2012 | 2007 Yamaha V Star 1300
May 17, 2010 | 2007 Yamaha FJR 1300 AE
Jan 24, 2010 | Fisher and Paykel IWL12 Top Load Washer
Oct 04, 2008 | Dishwashers
Jul 16, 2008 | Fisher and Paykel Fisher Paykel Intuitive...
241 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!