Question about Epson Stylus C84 InkJet Printer
Posted by Anonymous on
SOURCE: Ink and paper lights flashing red and I cannot print
the ink cartridge needs the cartridges put back in. one will be out of sink
Posted on Nov 05, 2007
SOURCE: epson 2400 paper red light and ink red light
It sounds like your printer has reached what is often called the "service required" stage...
To solve this you need to handle two things.
1. Get the printer protection counter (or waste-ink as it's sometimes called) reset.
2. Replace the waste ink pads OR redirect your waste ink flow to an external tank
It's important to note that Epson will encourage you to do a waste pad replacement through one of their service centers, but if you're out of warranty this will cost a significant amount of money (approx: $100 - 200)
To solve these as a DIY you can do the following:
1. Resetting the counter...
Get a resetter, either the SSC utility (google: epson SSC utility) or the IPR utility that Epson have now made available via their website here
The latter is only available to North American printer owners so the SSC is a safer bet.
2. Redirecting waste ink to an external container.
This is something I'd heartily recommend instead of trying to change the waste pads yourself... It's simple enough to do and a little googling using keywords "Epson R2400 waste ink tank" should get you all the info you need.
There are simple kits available that offer everything you need or you can easily go for a DIY with bits you have to hand.
Hope that helps...
Posted on Mar 09, 2009
SOURCE: 2 red lights are flashing on my printer epson R265(END OF LIFE TIME SERVICE)
Reset waste ink counter. Find at indoreset.blogspot.com
Posted on Jun 03, 2009
SOURCE: both red lights are flashing on printer Epson
You will need to get it to reset to normal. If you tried turing off/on and it does not clear, try the following:
1) Unplug the power from the rear of the printer for 30 seconds.
2) Plug it back in and press power button. if you hear the carriage moving, immediately pull the power cord out againg from the rear. If it does not move, open the lid as if to change cartridges...when it moves, pull the plug. The idea is to stop it where you can remove the cartridges.
3) If you are succesfull with steps 1 & 2, close the lid and plug the power cable back in.
4) Power on and see if it prompts you for cartridges.
5) If so, install the cartridges in the proper manner as instructed in the manual.
Posted on May 02, 2010
Testimonial: "Thanks ever so much. You saved my printer for me and I can't thank you enough. Take care. Maureen."
SOURCE: Epson Stylus PHOTO R220 red lights keep flashing
I hope this will help you :)
* Green Power light flashes- The printer is receiving a print job, replacing an ink cartridge, charging ink, or cleaning the print head.
* RED paper light is On- If the CD/DVD try guide is open, close the CD/DVD tray guide, load paper, then press the paper button. Your paper ran out or multiple sheets loaded at the same time . Load paper and press the paper butoon to resume printing.
* RED paper light flashes- Paper is jammed in the printer. Press the paper button to eject the jammed paper. If the light is still flashing , open the cover and remove all paper, including any jammed or torn pieces. Then reload paper and press the paper button to continue printing.
* RED Ink Light Flashes - One or more cartridges are low on ink. Check the message that appears on your screen to determine which cartridge is low, or follow the instructions in " Checking the Ink Supply". Make sure you have a replacement cartridge.
* RED Ink Light is ON- One or more cartridges are out of ink or not installed. If you have just installed a new cartridge, it may be incomaptible with the printer or incorrectly installed. Reinstall it or replace it with the correct cartridge
* RED Ink and RED paper lights flash alternately- The CD/DVD tray guide was left open when you turned on the printer or when printing on paper. Just simply close it/
* Green Power Light is Off; RED paperand RED Ink Lights flashing- Paper may be blocking movement of the print head. Turn off the printer, then open the cover and remove any jammed paper or other foreign objects. Turn the printer back on again. Or it may have an internal error. Turn off the printer, wait a few seconds, then turn it on again.
Posted on Jul 06, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!
Level 3 Expert
Level 3 Expert
Level 3 Expert
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: