If you have a WD Media Center, Dual-option Combo, or Dual-option USB external hard drive, you can use the Retrospect Express software that comes with the drive to create a backup schedule that will backup your data onto the drive.
To setup an automatic duplicate schedule in Retrospect Express 6.5 on a PC, please follow the instructions below.
- Start Retrospect Express by pressing the Automatic Backup button on the front of your Media Center external hard drive after you have installed the Retrospect software and powered on and connected the drive.
- You will be presented with the Western Digital Automatic Backup Wizard. Click Next to continue.
- Highlight the drive(s) that contains the data you wish to backup and click Next. To select multiple drives or folders, hold down the Ctrl key and make your selections.
- You will have a choice to backup your documents only or all files, make your selection and click Next.
- Highlight the drive you wish to copy your data to and click Next.
- You will have the option to run the data duplication daily or once a week. Make your selection and click Next.
- If you choose a daily duplication, you will have to select the time that you'd like the duplication to start each day, then click Next.
- If you choose a weekly duplication, you will have to select the day and time that you'd like the duplication to start, then click Next.
- If you wish to run the duplication one time when you are finished setting up the schedule, check the Start the backup now box and click Finish. Otherwise, just click Finish.
- You will see the Automatic backup button glow a solid blue. When the blue light is on it indicates that the automatic duplication schedule is enabled and your duplication is set to run at the scheduled time.
For the duplication to run successfully, you must have both the computer and drive powered on and connected correctly at the scheduled time.