Question about Stanley Camping, Backpacking & Hiking
Posted by Anonymous on
SOURCE: need to change the batteries
I know this thread is old, but I just had to change the battery pack in mine. I could not locate a 4 pin battery pack so here's what I did:
You'll need: 3 NiMH 1.2v AA solder tab batteries, Razor blade, #1 Phillips driver, Kapton tap (standard electrical tape will do), soldering gun/iron, spare 18awg wire
1. Use a razor blade to remove the black sticker from the bottom of the flashlight base, it covers the magnets
2. remove the three outer phillips screws (the inner ones hold the magnets in and can stay installed)
3. Pull off the bottom plate
4. Pull out the battery pack and disconnect it from the flashlight at the 4-pin queeze connector
5. Remove the outer wrap and end protectors from the old pack keeping the end protectors in tact
6. Assemble the 3 new batteries in the same configuration as the old pack using Kapton tape, connecting + to - at the same two spots (use the old pack as a reference)
7. Carefully desolder the 2 wire leads from the old battery pack
8. connect up the 2 power wires to the same two spots as the old pack and insert the temperature probe between two of the batteries as in the old pack
9. Put the end caps on the new pack and wrap the entire thing in Kapton tape to simulate the plastic wrapper you removed
10. Install pack in to base, secure bottom plate and re-adhere black sticker(if needed you can use non-foam double-sided tape or spray adhesive)
The old pack was rated at 1300mAh and I used three 2000mAh each for a total of 6000mAh so theoretically the light should run for about 6 times as long between charges.
Posted on Apr 03, 2014
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 10, 2015 | Stanley SHARPSHOOTER HEAVY-DUTY STAPLE GUN
Jun 22, 2014 | STA-J5C09 500 Amp Jump Starter w/ 120V AC...
Mar 05, 2013 | Stanley Black & Decker Stanley Bc1509 15...
Mar 02, 2013 | Stanley Proto STANLEY IntelliDual Box Beam...
Jan 02, 2013 | Porter Cable 19.2V Drill Kit
Aug 27, 2011 | Stanley Garden
Jul 15, 2011 | Stanley Black & Decker Stanley Bc1509 15...
Dec 21, 2010 | Stanley Camping, Backpacking & Hiking
219 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: