I bought a RCA RP5007 second hand. I bought a 8MB and a 16MB SmartMedia Card. When I put the 8MB in, the display flashing "Init" and nothing else happens. When I put the 16MB one, nothing happens at all. What can be the problem?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If 3 images fills it up, the size of the memory card is probably only 4 or 8MB.
The camera can use Smartmedia cards up to 128MB.
You will probaly need to buy 2nd hand cards as Smartmedia cards are no longer manufactured.
I can send you a manual if you inform your email address.
I have the same camera and bought a 4GB PNY SD card and it wouldn't work, so I read the manual :) The manual says, "SD Memory Cards having the following storage capacity can be used on your camera (Toshiba PDR-3330):
8MB, 16MB, 32MB, 64MB, 128MB, and 256MB"
Hope this helps! -Kim
Quality Pixel Resolution Storable images
TIFF 1600 X 1200 1 shot
1280 X 960 2 shots
1024 X 768 3 shots
640 X 480 8 shots
SHQ 1600 X 1200 5 or more shots
HQ 1600 X 1200 16 or more shots
SQ 1280 X 960 (HIGH) 8
1280 X 960 (NORMAL) 24
1024 X 768 (HIGH) 13
1024 X 768 (NORMAL) 38
640 X 480 (HIGH) 32
640 X 480 (NORMAL) 82
4 Nickel Metal Hydride (Ni-MH) Batteries w/Charger included.
• 8 MB SmartMedia Card included. On the web it says that Two 8MB SmartMedia Card included.
• 6 Step Manual White Balance/ Color Temperature Control.
• Burst Mode: up-to 5 images in 1/3 second intervals at any resolution.
• External Flash Sync/PC flash connector.
• 3 position quick focus settings: 1.3ft, 8 ft., and infinity.
• Battery Saving Mode.
• Rapid Fire Capabilities all resolution modes (even with the flash on).
• 6 Mode pop-up flash system, including Auto, Red Eye Reduction, Fill in, Fill in with External Flash, External Flash and Flash Off.