I cannot seem to get the driver working on my new computer which has windows 7 currently. Are the two compatible?
Are we looking at this same computers? Since when do you require drivers for speakers?!? Speakers are dumb devices (yes, this is correct name for passive computer devices) and do not require any drivers in any computer or operating system with sound capability! Computer speakers are compatible with any copmuter in the world and any operating system which generate sound!
These speakers are qualified as 5.1, that meant that these speakers will have front bass, front centre speaker, front left and right speaker and rear left and right speaker, in total six speakers.
Please follow this advice and you will have joy of surround sound.
1. Mount your subwoofer in front centre, below your knee level at the distance of about 2 of your hights
2. Mount your centre speaker in the centre on your head/hight level or slightly above at same distance as subwoofer or slightly closer.
3. Mount left front speaker about 45degree from your centre line to the left and right same distance to your right, on the level of your head while you are listening to the music, distance from you slightly closer (about 1/2 your hight) than your centre speaker.
4. Mount your rear left and right speakers at same or slightly greater distance as front left and right speaker. these should be at same or slightly higher level as front speakers.
5. Triple 3.5mm jack is going to your computer output and your speakers (incidently, your subwoofer servers as junction box, amplifier and mixer).
6. Connect speakers to they respective jacks.
7. Turn power on speakers all way down
8. Connect power to the speakers and switch it on
9. Play some music on your computer, output on full, music recommended will be some classic, like bach or similar
10. Put your hand in front of subwoofer and turn bass till you feel vibration
11. Turn sound till you hear it well
12. Turn sound on the computer down till about 70% - 80%
13. Turn on sound on your speakers till desired level and enjoy the experience!
If you have still some problems, these can be then related to the drivers installed on your computer, please check therefore what motherboard do you have, if there is proper sound drivers installed. If not, go to the site of our motherboard/sound card manufacturer and install relevant drivers.
Please do not hesitate to ask me if you have any addtional problem related to this particular issue.