Question about Brother DCP-7040 Laser Printer
I rebooted my computor and now my printer wont work i dont have the download disc that it came with so when i try to print it says error 20 not activated
Posted on Jul 09, 2008
I have a DCP-7040 laser printer. The PC has xp windows. I have had the printer for about 6 months and it has been working fine. Today, I changed the toner cartridge and can not get it to print. There is an error message that I can't print and gives me troubleshooting procedures, but they don't work as advertised. Thank you
Posted on Oct 27, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
A quick fix for most communication errors can be
achieved by resetting the printer and/or rebooting the PC. Simply disconnect
the printer from your computer. Reboot your pc. Unplug and re-plug the printer
into the power source to reset it. When the printer turns on, reconnect it to
your computer. Then try to print again once the computer fully recognizes the
If that doesn't help, try the steps below:
1. Disconnect the printer from your computer.
2. Re-brick your printer.
Pull out the power supply, black box where the power cord is plugged in at the
back of the printer, and put it back after 30 seconds.
2. On your computer, go to Control Panel > Printers
3. Delete the Lexmark print object.
4. Reboot your pc.
5. When your pc turns on, reconnect the printer.
6. Wait until your pc fully recognizes the USB connection. To check, go to Control Panel > Printers and Faxes. If you see a new Lexmark print object in the list, then try to print a document again to verify that the problem is fixed.
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: