An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: Beeping noise and no power
The "cricket" sound you heard can mean any number of things:
1. A component in the power supply that sets the frequency failed, causing a high frequency (hence over-voltage) in the SMPS, which then also failed. The initial failure may have occurred in a small high-voltage capacitor in the power supply (around 160V or so rated)
2. A failed horizontal drive or vertical stage, which drew so much current that the switching semiconductor in the SMPS failed.
Note that such failures often occur like dominoes (one, then two, then three, and so on). Sometimes the fuse itself will not even blow out. The best thing to do is to first remove the line-output transistor and then replace the switching semiconductor(s), nearby zeners, capacitors, and fuse if blown. Then turn the unit on and check for about 105V on the collector terminal of the line transistor. If that's fine then turn unit off, replace the line transistor.
Of course the above procedure is only a guide; the precise steps taken will depend on your exact make and model. Also, if the above sounds mind boggling then rather take it down to your nearest repair shop. Good luck.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The same problem i am also facing bin last weak what i will suggest you that neverturn off ur TV by remote switch off directly from the scree from next time it will be helpful for you from next time...
Depending on the pitch. humming noises are either a motor ie: fan motor or if it is very low a defective capacitor . Since you have the yellow band and the high pitched beep my fist thought is somthing defective in the power supply. Take it to an authorized servicer.
Sounds like the flyback went out. Your set is a CTC195 you can get a replacement flyback for it at the following link. They also provide free instalation instructions and free on line tech support. http://servicemanuals.vstore.ca/