An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
If it suddenly stopped working, then either the sound chip is damaged or the driver is corrupt.
You need to find out the type of sound chip you have, but run a test first, click Start>run, then type msconfig and press enter, click on the sound tab to run a driver test.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I get such a thing from time to time on different systems. What I do:
1. Open the Sound Control Panel (the one on this present PC is named: "SoundMax Control Panel"). 2. Enable or Disable a certain feature (something like "Virtual Theater Surround" or "Virtual Ear" or "Acoustic Environments" or so on). 3. Click Apply and the sound is back in your speakers. 4. If you want, you can undo the enable / disable and the sound still works.
1. Please plug in a set of speakers or headphones known to be in working order. a. If the known-to-be-in-working order speakers or headphones work, your existing speakers are faulty. b. if the known-to-be-in-working order speakers or headphones do not work, your existing speakers are fine, and your sound card is faulty.
sounds like ye olden sound drivers are unhappy. or the sound card is taking early retirement. check drivers first..if you can't find out what sort of drivers you have, send me a note to [email protected] and we'll arrange a shared screen session
It sound a power adapter failure,
check your speakers for power failure, or bad connections,
check also your sound card, mixer, and drivers.
perhaps if a onboard sound is disable for some reason.
check that too.
You need to reinstall the latest drivers for your present sound device then restart your pc then check it. It will work surely! you should install the drivers that came with your sound devices! thats it!