The lower tray (2)is for PLAIN paper, the upper tray(1)is for printed special paper.
Copy paper is taken from Lower tray but incoming fax paper is taken from upper tray.
This is not what occurred on my 7140xi where both copy and fax and 3/4 of normal printing came from the lower tray.
It should be obvious to most mortals that incoming faxes should be printed on plain paper but not as yet to the boffins at HP who insist that the machine is operating as designed. HELP!
PS Although there is an option to change the copy paper to come from either the top or bottom tray, there is no such option for incoming faxes.
Press setup on printer
select preferences and select default tray as 2 and try making copy and also check while receiving fax and also follow this link
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Use the settings to select LGL as the paper size. (But note that you have to have legal size paper in the machine)
1. Press the Function key (left side, lower right button)
2. Press the Start/Copy key (right side, lower center button). The display will show USER SETTINGS.
3. Press the Left or Right arrows (right side, upper row) until you see PRINTER SETTINGS in the LCD.
4. Press the Start/Copy key
5. Press the Left or Right arrows until you see PAPER SIZE in the LCD.
6. Press the Start/Copy key
7. Press the Left or Right arrows until you see LGL
8. Press the Start/Copy key
9. Press the Stop key (right side, lower right button).
From the start menue to printers and faxes go to your printer right click and select properties label the 4 drawers as to paper type and select continue, or auto continue to off.
-Carl, please let me know if this helps.
The fax machine is trying to print fax recieved copies on the bypass feeder.
Check up the setup menu on the control console.
Fine fax recieve.
You should find a selection for fax recieved in which paper tray.
Check this area, any that have the bypass feeder, de-select it.
Make selections for 8 1/2 x 11 paper in tray one.
push"special function" button, then select "key op prg", then "ok", then enter pin (default is 00000), then select "fax", then "ok", then select "rcv function", then "ok", then "tray selection", then "ok". The rest you should be able to follow your nose.