I am getting an error message F1-7 on the screen and says call authorized dealer. It
constantly is beeping and when I turn the
oven on at about 325 it turns itself off in a few minutes. Right now it isn't working at all. We keep on pressing the cancel button
bit it does no good. We were told to shut the power by cutting off the circuit breaker and re-starting. For a short time it worked, but now it is the same as before.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: jen-air gas range
Look on the back of the oven for a tech sheet. This will tell you what these codes mean. It may be the oven temp. sensor that is bad and they are easy to replace. Sometimes they check ok at room temp. but fail at higher temps. and will shut the oven down. The temp. sensor is usually in the upper left hand side of the oven and looks like metal probe about 6-8 inches long. Hope this helps.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you are having error code F1 with your Jenn-Air double wall oven this is because you have a defective touch pad or clock (ERC). This simple test will
help determine whether the ERC (Electronic Range Control or Clock) or the
touch pad is defective when F1 error code is present.
Note: Some models incorporate the touch pad in to the ERC as a single
assembly, in which case this test is not necessary. Simply replace the ERC
Warning: If you feel in any way uncomfortable performing this test or
making this repair, please contact a qualified appliance repair
1. Disconnect power to the range (unplug the range power cord or turn the
power off to the range at the circuit breaker). It is very important that
the power to the range has been disconnected, so please double check
2. Gain access inside the control panel.
3. Disconnect the touch pad (also called keypad or membrane switch) ribbon
from the ERC.
4. Make sure there are no lose wires, or anything else that may cause a
short when power is turned back on. Assemble the control panel back the
way it was.
5. Turn the power back on.
6. Wait for at least one hour to see if the F1 code comes back (usually
accompanied by a beeping sound).
7. If F1 comes back, replace the ERC. If it does not, replace the touch
Oven control beeps and displays any F code error (for example F11).
Electronic control has detected a fault condition. Press CLEAR/OFF to clear the display and stop beeping. Reprogram oven. If fault recurs, record fault number. Press CLEAR/ OFF and call your dealer or authorized service agent for assistance.
1. Verify failure if not displayed, using CANCEL/OFF key. Press key for 5 seconds until last
error code is displayed.
2. Disconnect power longer than 30 seconds.
3. Re-apply power and observe for longer than 1 minute.
4. If failure remains, disconnect power, replace control.
I have the issue as well, seems like when I use the convect. feature. I have not called to have it serviced yet, but I have found that opening the oven door and truning the fan on for a few minutes, corrects it. At least until you turn it off again.
I have a jenn air range gas cooktop electric oven model # svd48600b the convection fan will not turn off and when you attenpt to use oven an error code F-3 appears and beeping sound what part is defective?
There are generally three reasons for this.
1. The oven latch may have been moved, even slightly from the locked position. Check to see if it is stuck and not moved all the way to the right. The mechanism may be clogged due to grease, or other foreign matter.
2. You have an error code. Touch the Clear/Off pad.
3. Disconnect all power to the range and wait 5 minutes. Then reconnect the power. If that does work, call an authorized GE service company for repairs.