Question about Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One Printer
I have a code E and 2 flashing on the LED all the time. Cannot find out what the problem is
this the error code
E9 The connected digital camera / video camera does not support Camera
E14 The Ink cartridges whose destination are wrong
E15 Ink cartridge is not installed E16 - Ink remaining is unknown
E16 -E19 Failed to scan head alignment sheet
E22 Carriage error
E23 Paper feed error
E24 Purge unit error
E25 ASF(cam) sensor error
E26 Internal temperature rise error
E27 Waste ink absorber full or platen waste ink absorber full
E28 Ink cartridge temperature rise error -
E29 EEPROM error
E33 Paper feed position error
E35 15 USB Host VBUD overcurrent error - USB
E37 17 Abnormal motor driver error
E40 20 Other hardware error
E42 22 Scanner error
E2-2 No paper (ASF)
E3-3 Paper jam
E4 No ink
E5-5 The ink cartridges are not installed or a non-supported ink cartridge is installed ,
or the ink cartridges are not installed properly
E8 Waste ink absorber full, or platen waste ink absorber full
First, download the software at http://www.box.net/shared/4yblbn34kg
Secondly, to run the software your printer has to be in service mode. Do that by
- unplug cable
- press and hold "power" button
- plug cable
- press "resume" and release
- release the "power" button
At this stage, your computer will detect a new hardware
Run the software.
Posted on Jun 14, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Waste ink full reset
These are the instructions which worked for me on my Canon pixma mp470:
1) Close the print head cover, and turn off the printer. While pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press the Power button. (Do not release the buttons. The LED lights in green to indicate that a function is selectable.)
2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button. (Do not release the Power button.)
3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button three times, and then release the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.) During initialization, the LED blinks in green.
4) When the LED stops blinking and lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button the 4 times. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.)
5) Press the Power button. The LED lights in green, and the
selected function is performed. (When the operation completes, the printer returns to the menu selection mode automatically.)
6) Power off then back on and test.
Oct 06, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP470 All-in-One Printer
It is my pleasure to guide you.
I have done some extensive research on your 'error 6C10'.
I have looked at the following:
PIXMA MP500 Printer
Canon Pixma MP500 Service Manual
2-2. Service Call Errors (by Cyclic Blinking in Orange (Alarm LED) and Green (ON/OFF button), or Alarm LED Lit in Orange)
Cycles of blinking in orange (Alarm LED) and green (ON/OFF button) 16 times
Error [Error code] Valve sensor error [6C00]
Conditions An error occurred in the valve sensor during cleaning.
Solution(Replacement of listed parts, which are likely to be faulty) - Logic board ***'y (QM2-3078)
I realize that the '6C00' error is not exactly your but the manual does not have the 6C10. You can download that at the above link.
I also look at the http://www.retrevo.com/support/Canon-MP500-Multifunction-Printers-manual/id/259bh640/t/2/ Canon Pixma MP500 Users Guide Manual. There are several codes but not the 6C10. You can download this above as well.
Good luck and please post back that you are successful, giving thumbs up, or if I can be more helpful.
Jun 12, 2011 | Canon Pixma MP500 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 31, 2010 | Acer Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 24, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP90 Mobile Printer
Aug 18, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP190 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 13, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 22, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 15, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP460 All-In-One InkJet...
172 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: