The only way to bring my Speedlight to life is to squeeze the battery chamber lid. My speedlight's batteries had run out and I didn't use it for a couple of month and I just left the old batteries in it. But when I changed them, it acted like it didn't have any batteries in it. When I started to open the battery chamber lid, the LCD panel flashed on for a split second. then I found that the LCD panel would stay on it I squeezed the battery chamber lid. Even then, I can't get it to flash. I tried cleaning the battery contacts with an eraser, but with no success. The speedlight isn't even two years old and is stored in a safe container. I am stumped.
Almost exact same problem. In my case, if I held the battery cover partially closed, the flash worked. If I closed it all the way, I got no power. The contacts weren't bent or flattened, but I tried bending them up to increase spring pressure with no luck. The flash still behaved the same way. I then cleaned all contacts thoroughly with a brand-new eraser, blew out the eraser dust, and the flash seems to work fine now. I cleaned both the contacts on the cover and the contacts at the bottoms of the battery wells.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Sorry to hear about it not working at the graduation. Are in the correct position (I am sure you did but, we must start someplace). Look inside, see if there is battery acid in there.
If with new/fresh batteries it still does not work call Nikon. You have a warranty on it so it should be covered.
Nikon digital 1-800-645-6689
I have SB-600 Speedlight. it dropped from my hand , from then, it goes to READy state but didn't flash.
Please help me to find a solution for repair it or any tech service with resonable rate .
I believe that there is a safety feature built in that if the voltage in the capacitor gets too large the flash will fire, to prevent damage, could be this that is faulty, if it is a new main circuit board is required.
Batteries may have leaked. Open battery chamber and clean ---especially the contacts situated at the bottom -- with pencil erazor. Blow out any loose bits and with new batteries try to switch the unit on.
You may be lucky because the battery acid may not have gone beyond the contacts in the battery chamber: open battery chamber and clean out especially at the bottom of the chamber and blow out any loose stuff when you finished cleaning ( use pencil erazor or something similar , but do not use sand paper or anything that will damage chrome plating of the contacts ; you do not want corrosion at later stage ).