Follow the steps below to troubleshoot if the word PROTECT or PROTECTOR is flashing on the A/V receivers display.
1. Check the speaker wires and speakers for proper connections.
2. Reduce the volume level. IMPORTANT: If the receiver is played back at maximum volume level it may enter the protect mode. Maximum volume listening will cause the receiver to run very hot and may drain the output capacitors.
3. Disable the surround sound option if both the A and B speakers are being used simultaneously.
4. Ensure the top of the receiver has proper ventilation to keep it from overheating.
5. If the message only occurs when using a DVD player, the sampling frequency may be set too high. IMPORTANT: Some receivers provide compatibility with the higher sampling frequencies through alternate connections. Consult the owners manual for specific information.
6. Unplug the AC power cord
for about 1 to 2 hours to reset the output transformers.