Our dishwasher worked fine until today. I tried to use it and there is no power to the control panel. I push Auto Clean, and nothing happens, no lights turn on when I press any of the push pad.
We had a power outage yesterday, however this is not the first one that we've had. I checked the breaker and it is fine. Any idesa?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If your good with electricity get a meter and with the unit unplugged check the resistance across the thermal switch... it should be 0.0 ohms(omega symbol) if a thermal switch is blown it will be open. and read unlimited ohms... I doubt if it is the thermal switch. Check first if you have voltage to the control board you should have lights on it. If no light then probably The door interlock switch has failed,, that is the first thing that I would suspect as I had that happen on one of my units... figure out how to bypass it or operate it.
Try turning the breaker for the dishwasher off for 30 seconds and turn it back on. This should reset the dishwasher control board. If it still doesn't work then most likely the power failure burned up the main control board. The control boards in the newer dishwashers are sensitive to any type of power surges or failures.
Sounds like you need to check for power to the unit. Access is at bottom of dishwasher under panel. Next you will see the wiring coming into an enclosed electrical box. you will need to get to wires and check voltage on black hot wire to neutral with a voltage meter. If you have power but still doesn't work then at least you know the problem is with the unit and not the incoming power.
Hi, the surge has fried the logic sector of the control. it will work upon reset until the logic chip is commanded to initiate a wash. thsi is when the fault will kick in. I recommend replacing the control. this is the best action.
1. No power to the dishwasherMake sure there's power getting to the dishwasher. Check for a tripped circuit breaker or a blown fuse. Check the wall socket for power. Sometimes the power cord disconnects at the dishwasher (inside the junction box, behind the bottom kick panel), if this is the case, the wiring must be repaired or replaced.
2. Door switch Replace if defective.
3. Timer Replace if defective (note: uncommon problem).
4. Selector switch Replace if defective (note: uncommon problem).