- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Ben, Could you try dry it first? Do not turn on.
As you said that your card is not read by iphone, i can see that you already turn it on after it submerged in greasy water. I hope it doesn't short circuit yet. Use hair dryer, dry your iphone through the usb connection hole, leave for awhile, make sure it dry, then try again. Hope this will help. For future, if phone dropped in water, first thing to do is take off battery, or turn of completely then dry it before checking it still work or not.Thanks for reading.
first thing is get the battery out then use a hair dryer no heat or low heat at a distance air blowing over it should remove all water wait a day or so to put battery in. droped mine in lake while putting boat in and did the same thing and still works today.
you can take the battery and the back off the device and place in completely submerged in a bag of white rice and leave it in there for 1 to 2 days this will help absorb the moisture, this should fix it if the water did not damage the circut boards if the water damaged the circut boards then the device is fried
its too late to do anything youh should have took it apart and dried it out with a hair dryer let it sit over night than turned it on in the morning thats what i did when mine fell in mop water and it worked after the next day
I got my i870 from my sister a week ago, i got it for boost mobile but the ear speaker doesnt work either, i took it apart and i ordered the flip part of the phone which comes with the whole top section. It should work after i put the new part. it was only $26 off of ebay. the parts were only held up five screws. really easy but you have to be careful and gentle.
Isopropal alcahol will clean the electronics, but watchout for two things. Drugstor Isopropal contains a lot of water. The purer the better, but test it on the plastic, a touch in the corner of the screen to be shur it does not fog the display. Besure to remove the batteries first. I would dry it with compressed air rather than the hair dryer. A can of DUST OFF can be found at most computer shops,Radio Shack and Art supply houses.
If all else fails, put it back in the oil(without battery), bring the oil gradually up to about 92 degrees, simmer for about 3 days. then add a few of your favorite spices and a couple of tablespoons of sugar since fried electronics tend to be a bit bitter. If you do not like it then send it to the recycling center