- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The diode that connects to the capacitor needs to be replaced. Once its replaced microwave will begin to heat again. (If it wasn't heating and wasn't making a humming noise, then your magnetron would need to be replaced). If you are thinking of doing it yourself and need instructions, i'll be glad to help.
When the oven is running, does it make a loud buzzing or humming sound? If it does, then the problem is the magnetron, the part that generates the microwaves that heat the food. It not worth fixing since a new magnetron will cost almost as much as a new microwave. Ask your landlord that you need a new microwave oven. Sorry.
From your description it sounds like the magnetron has failed in this oven. That's the part the makes the microwaves to heat the food. It typically fails by shorting out and making a loud hum noise. It not usually worth fixing since the price of a replacement magnetron is almost as much as a new oven.
the magnetron the unit has gone bad.sometimes there is burning smell as u mentioned.it is little expensive repair arond $ 150.00.find out the price of new unit plus iistallation/delivery chg and then make a decision.
You either have a bad magnetron tube (5 or 10 year parts warranty item through GE Factory Service 1-800-432-2737 or www.geappliances.com) or a shorted high voltage rectifier. I think the light being out is a secondary problem.