I have an HS850 that i originally paired w/ a blackberry 8800 device. I now want to pair it with a blackberry 7100g instead. The phone locates the HS850 device but asks for a pass key. I don't have record of this pass key, don't remember needing one before. Any suggestions on how to find out what it would be? Thanks for your help.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You have to start with the boom closed and press the large button with the phone symbol until the blue light comes on, then open the boom before the light goes out and you should be able to pair it with your phone.
There actually is a trick to the HS850 - flip the boom closed, then
hold down the button just until the light holds solid - IMMEDIATELY
after it does flip the boom open and this should keep the light solid.
Then on your cell/device search for bluetooth devices - you should be
able to find it now. Passkey for most devices is 0000.
1. With the headset’s boom closed,press and hold the Multifunction
Button E until the headset indicator turns on (about 3 seconds).
2. Release the button, then open the headset boom.
3. The headset indicator remains on.
4. Perform a device discovery from the phone.
5. Select the Motorola HS850 from the discovered devices list and confirm following the on screen prompts.
6. When prompted by the phone, enter the passkey 0000 and confirm to pair the headset with the phone.
The device ID is now stored in the phone’s memory.
Pairing is successful when the headset indicator flashes 10 times
I have the same issue with my hs850. It is paired with a blackberry 7130e. My hs850 redials constantly. It is unusable (obviously). It seems to have started once the battery went totally dead. I cant seem to 're-pair' the headset with my blackberry again. I tried Motorola's instructions...no dice.
When I paired my headset to my Blackberry - I had to do the following...
Set my phone into the pairing mode.. quickly press button on HS850 and when blue light comes on, hold button and open boom -
It has worked this way several times for me.
No, living outside of your cellular "home area" has nothing to do with the bluetooth pairing. You're problem is a common problem. Lots people have this problem you are not alone.
So, here is what I suggest.
1. Make sure both the headset and the phone are fully charged.
2. Delete the "device" from your phone. I mean precisely that. Go into you cell phone's bluetooth settings and erase your "HS850" from it.
3. Try re-pairing it. Put the phone and the headset in pairing mode and allow it to sync.
This should do it. I always works for me. You usually only need to pair once and every time you use the headset all you should have to do is connect it. I hope this works for you.