I recently replaced the uv lamp in my ecoquest air purifier, but when I turned the unit back on the lamp doesn't work! I have gone through all of the steps three times with the same result. The lamp appears to be intact. so, my question is, what else could be effecting the uv lamp operation? I think it may be a short somewhere, but don't know where to look. Any suggestions?
Check starter ballast little push in and turn like in the old style lights. Can be found on ebay relatively cheap. Also contacts on either side of the ceramic plate corrode and they lose contact. At that time it will inform you on the front to change the plate. It is the corrosion. You can remove the contacts and clean them purchase some red battery terminal spray and spray them lightly after reinstall. Reinstall the same plate. You are welcome. MIke Wilhite
Changed my purification plate and when I started the unit back up it just would start the fan and then shut down in about 7 seconds. It will restart the same process, but will not stay running. The fuse looks good, and it is making the filter switch can anyone suggest the next idea
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Unplug the purifier
2. Remove the two screws on the back cover and remove the cover.
3. Remove the two screws on the the top that hold the lint screen and remove the screen.
4. Remove the purification plate by sliding it out.
5. Remove the RCI target plate by sliding it out.
6. Disconnect the purification plate contact lead wires from the purifier plate cage.
7. Remove the two screws at the bottom of the plate cage.
8. Slide the cage forward, lift and remove the cage.
9. Rotate the uv bulb a quarter of a turn and lift it out of the unit.
10. Install the new uv bulb and rotate it a quarter of a turn to lock it.
Perform steps 1-9 in reverse order to reassemble the purifier.