FRIDGE/FREEZER STOPPED WORKING AND 'CHEMICALLY' SMELL IN FREEZER
Ive a Zanussi fridge/freezer model - ZERT 2170 X It is 3 years old and has stopped working completely and also there is a 'chemically' smell in the freezer. I noticed the smell a few hours before it stopped working and also it started to 'hum/buzz' louder than usual just prior to stopping. Any ideas?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
more than likely the defroster inside the freezer has gone bad. This defroster is located in the space between the fridge and freezer and activates to defrost the freezer and stop build up of ice in the freezer.. If it is bad the freezer will not keep the fridge nor freezer cold.
Yes, I think you have a problem that can be fixed easily by a repair technician. The sound as you described it could have come from the air circulation fan in the freezer compartment striking ice. As the ice builds up it could have stopped the fan from rotating and air flow to the refrigerator compartment.
Please check the fallowing: -Loose flooring or floor not firm.
- Cabinet not level.
- Tubing in contact with cabinet, other tubing or other metal.
- Drip tray vibrating.
- Fan hitting another part or worn fan motor bearings. Unplug the unit and
rotate fan manually by your finger.
- Compressor mounting grommets worn or missing; mounting hardware loose
- Free or loose parts causing or allowing noise during operation
- Check compressor it may contact with tubing or other parts.
- Check the body of your unit is not touching the wall or other object