I have a MobilAction Handset Manager kit. In creating rintones to use in the phone I clip mp3 files to less than 300KB, upload to the handset. It is saved to the microSD card, but I cannot set it as ringtone. Also I am not able to upload it to the handset weithout the card in place. Any solution?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
make sure the ringtones are in the "music" folder on your card. You can put the ringtones in a separate folder within "music" or however you would like to sort them. If you have a clean sd card, you might need to make the folders, such as "music" , "video", etc. Also, the ringtones must be under 300k and I make them as a mp3 file, encoded at 128k encode rate. I was told that if the phone is being used with AT&T, they limit
you to that 300kb filesize . I haven't been unsatisified with my
ringtone playtimes so far. Other networks, might not limit you, so test different sizes if you'd like to find out. Also, since the phone will ring only for awhile, I find leaving it at max of 15 seconds keeps me under the time limit and uses less card space.
SOLUTION!!! (for those with a memory card but no usb cable!)
I’ve been having the same problem in trying to find a way to set my music as ringtones. Here’s what you can do:
-Make sure the file is appropriate.. 30 seconds or less, mp3 format
-When you add your music to the memory card, it shows up as a song but not as a ringtone right?
The solution is to create a different folder rather than using the
“Music” folder the phone automatically creates for you. Transfer your
music to this new folder you’ve created. The ringtones should show up
as long as it fits the requirements! :] Hope this helps!
Below is the step by step method of how to delete your ringtones in your Motorola V3:
Here is an easier way to delete the ringtones without much hassle.
1) Upload 1 mp3 rintone to your phone via MPT
2) Set ALL ringtones msg, alert etc, absolutely everything for all styles (obviously excl. silent & vibe) to the uploaded MP3
3) switch your phone off, then on again. This will update the .db files.
4) Using P2K, delete all the rintones, except for the MP3 that you uploaded, do not delete the .db files. Also, do not delete the .bas files as these are the base files for Motomixer. Set all reminders to OFF.
do not EVER delete a ringtone that is currently in use by the phone. If you delete it while it is active, You will NOT be able to get into that particular tone setting.
5) Switch your phone off, then on again.