Question about Uniden DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone ID
I just got dect 6.0 uniden 2060-2 phone. i have fully charged the phone using base. on screen phone is showing "searching" text and everytime i try to go thro' menu->register base, it tries for few minutes and shows message "registration failed". what am i missing? the manual is useless. thanks much in advance
I had a similar problem which I finally fixed. You did not say if any of your phones registered.
First try the following recommended by Uniden Support:
Your phone(s) should be fully charged before putting them on the main base.
Unplug the battery from the phone by removing the battery cover and removing the connector. Then, push the # and * key together and hold while you plug the battery back in (requires some dexterity). Continue to hold the two keys until you hear a confirmation tone. This will force the phone to reregister. Put the phone on the main base (if you are sure it has a fully charged battery) and see if it will reregister it to solve the problem.
That did not work for me. So, I followed the instructions to de-register the handset (even though it hadn't really registered). But, I also pretended like the Base was not available (because using the base in this step also failed).
1) Press and hold the hang up and # keys for at least 5 seconds.
2) Move the cursor to select Base Unavailable and then press Select.
3) Select the base you want to deregister from, press Select and then move the cursor to Yes and select.
This causes the phone to delete any of its base information.
At this point, again insure that your phone shows the battery is fully charged and if it is not, put it on the stand alone charger base (not the main base). With the battery fully charged, place it on the base and try registering again by placing it in the main base.
If neither of these approaches help, contact support at Uniden.com.
However, my problems were cleared when I cleared the handset with the second set of instructions.
Posted on Apr 26, 2009
When you select register on the base, you need to press and hold # on the phone... the instructions below worked for me, finally, to get the stupid waterproof handset registered. whew!
Registering the Handset
If you have purchased this accessory handset separately, it must
be registered to the base before you can use it.
• The handset must be fully charged before attempting to register.
• Only one handset can be registered at a time.
1) If the other base has an LCD display:
• With the phone in standby, press [Menu/Select] on the base. Press [down] to move the cursor to REGISTER HANDSET and then press [Menu/Select]. HANDSET
If the other base does not have an LCD display:
• Disconnect the base AC adapter. Then press and hold
[find hs] or [find] while you reconnect the adapter. Keep
pressing [find hs] or [find] until the charge/in use LED
starts to blink.
2) On the handset, press and hold [#] until the handset beeps and displays HANDSET REGISTERING.
3) When the handset finishes registering, it shows REGISTRATION COMPLETE in the display.
Posted on Jul 20, 2009
The above solution worked for me. For some reason after removing the battery, pressing * and # together, replacing the battery, and then trying to program register the phone, it actually worked.
Posted on Jul 17, 2009
For me I needed to pull the power from the base, hold the find button while reconnecting power, then put the handset in the cradle. I had to repeat this for each handset that I was adding.
Posted on Jun 07, 2013
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!