Manual for replacing lamp for 60v500a
1. Turn off the main power switch and unplug the power cord. Wait at least 30 minutes to allow the lamp to cool down before
2. Remove the front cover from the TV set. This is held by a snap on. Pull the front cover outwards until the quick snap on
3. Remove the screw securing the lamp cover with a Phillips head screw driver. Remove the lamp cover.
4. Remove the two screws that hold the lamp in place. Remove the lamp unit by holding the lamp handle, then pulling outwards.
Exercise caution when removing the lamp unit to avoid injury to your fingers.
5. Replace with the new lamp.
Place the removed lamp into the empty box of the replacement lamp. Do not touch the front glass of the new lamp or its
receptacle. This may shorten the life of the lamp and reduce the picture quality.
• Push the lamp unit back to its original position.
• Tighten the screws firmly on the lamp unit. If they are loose, the TV may not operate correctly.
6. Without installing the lamp cover, the power will be off and the Lamp Indicator will flash. Be sure to install the lamp
cover by re-engaging the two clips and tighten the screws before turning the power on, otherwise it may cause unusual colors.
7. Install the front cover. Put the front cover back in and align the snap on quick connect then push inwards holding
the left and right side of the front cover until you hear a snap. Push the other snap on gently to make a good fit.
8. Plug power cord into AC outlet and turn on the main power switch.
NOTE: The lamp in this product contains Mercury. Dispose of properly in accordance with applicable environmental
laws. For Recycling and Disposal information, contact your respective governmental agencies or the
Electronic Industries Alliance at www.eiae.org (in the U.S.) or Electronic Product Stewardship Canada at
www.epsc.ca (in Canada).
Jun 24, 2012 |
Hitachi Lamp for Hitachi 60V500A -...