Well my phones been "searching for service..." for the past 3 days, i tried taking out the battery and everything, and i tried dialing *228 but it doesnt even go through. Ive had the phone for about a month and a half and ive had 3-4 bars everyday..any help?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This isn't really a solution but Nokia are not renowned for having the best batteries. My 6300 is also after 2-3 days in need of a charge, mainly because it's searching for a Net Work. Take the thing back and change it after 2 months something is wrong. Best regards
there are a lot of little things that drain the battery. i have made adjustments to my phone and the battery lasts me 3-5 days depending on its usage.
1. turn off the LED coverage indicator(usually blinks green when u have signal, red when u dont)
2. change your back light timer to 10, 20, or 30 seconds.
3. do not overcharge the phone, it will lower the capacity level of the battery. only charge it when its low and take it off when its full.
4. check the reminder notifications from messages/voicemail/txt,etc. set it to one or two.
5. check to see if you are roaming or searching for service. the constant searching drains the battery.
6. check to see that u have exited the programs u were using. if u have installed maps,navigation, etc and just back out of the program without exiting the GPS is constantly updating your position.
Hope this helps.
Similar issue here ..allways had service/signal here yesterday and today no service. samsung and verizon gave limited assistance. Battery goes dead quickly ,so have one comeing. like pulling teath to get free /warranty battery from verizon!