Cooker is about 5 years old. Last night the oven behaved normally whilst warming up to 180C but then cut out. The grill wouldn't work and the red indicator light didn't come on. After allowing it to cool, the oven warmed up, the grill came on but I noticed that the cooling fan wasn't working. I'm assuming that some safety device has shut down the oven and grill functions due to the lack of cooling of the controls. Does this sound right and if so what's the cure ?
Most common fault is the cooling fan is failing to come on, whreas the fan will be okay ( check windings with ohmn meter ) it will normally have a ceramic 10k resitor in series with the live which goes open circiut
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
All gas appliances have a thermal cut out this will shut the gas off if the flame goes out the down side is when the thermal cut out becomes faulty it can shut the gas of when you are using the cooker the only fix is to replace the thermal cut out
The ignitor is bad again,if it (ignitor) comes on but no flame/heat its the ignotor again, what would make the ignotor go bad so fast (usually last 10-15 years) is a problem with the oven burner, so now BOTH the ignitor and burner would need to be replaced,if it is 15 years old the ignitor is readily avaliable but the burner may not be
Most likely, the digital panel just kind of locked up. The first thing I would try is to turn off the circuit breaker at your home's breaker (or fuse) panel for about 5 minutes and then turn it back on again. This should "reboot" it and hopefully the oven will get its brains back!
bloody hell that is so scarey i have the same problem and its round about the same time yours went funny if you have a solution can you let me know as im looking for the answer myself [email protected]
I'll give this a go!
With a cooker like this, you depress and then turn the control knob, press the ignition button and continue to depress the control knob for a few seconds. This is because a device called a thermocouple is heated by the flame and you have to continue to depress the control knob so that sufficient gas flows to heat up the thermocouple. If the thermocouple does not get hot or stay hot then the gas valve is automatically closed - stopping the gas. The thermocouple is a 'flame failure' safety device. If the gas gets cut off then the flame goes out and the thermocouple goes cold switching off the gas valve automatically.
However, you are having to try and manually keep the gas going for a good five minutes.
I would think that there is either a problem with the thermocouple or the gas control valve!
there is an overheat stat and this is operating and cutting out the oven. the causes are several but here are the main things to look for:
oven stat is faulty causing the oven to overheat. you should check over the range to see if stat is reasonably accurate.
overheat stat itself is faulty.
there is another stat which turns on the casing fan. (this is the fan which is out of sight - not the fan inside the oven) if this stat is faulty and not turning on the casing fan, then the overheat stat will operate.
the casing fan is faulty or jammed.
lack of ventilation.
see if you can narrow it down a bit and get back to me if you wish
We have the same problem with our oven, AEG B2190-1.It started on on Christmas day[worst day of year]gets up to temperature after 10-15 minutes cuts out everything switches off until the oven has cooled down, The oven is only 18 months old. We have been told that it is a thermostat problem.
this is probably the thermal cut-out causing the problem. not sure where it is located but possibly on the roof of the oven or in the rear casing near the fan. however, the cause may be lack of ventilation to the unit as a whole