Fan wont turn
I have taken one apart. reassembled and the fan would not turn, although there was power to the motor and it wanted to turn.
Sorry this is long...only this is about taking the motor itself apart..and I have yet to find a replacement motor.
1. Tried a little WD 40...(only on iron motor Housing!) nothing.
2. Took apart inside of motor. some rust inside..
3. carefully rubbed clean with WD 40..
4. leaned off WD 40 with contact cleaner...
5. Then worked little bearing loose on back side.
-Kind of turned upon reassembly..
6. Found some silicone High temp lubricant and took motor inside part again.
7. a very thin coat of lubricant inside rotor.
-Re assembled yet again..began to turn at high speed, kept running..24 hrs..
- It .finally turned at silent mode. and continues to work
This may be ar beyond what you want to do, however if all else fails...what else can you do? buy another one?
1. mark rotor holders with housing. (do not reverse.)
2. make sure you remove all lint, dust, etc inside.
3. the rotor bearing I had to work by hand again and again repeatedly syringing a little WD 40 at a time to until it turned easily.