An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: How do you access your router from your PC?
Belkin Routers can be accessed by typing the following IP address in the address bar of Internet Explorer: I will give you two alternatives as off the top of my head I cannot remember!!
When you have typed in your IP address for the Router, you will then be asked for a username & password. Try these:
Router IP 192.168.2.1
If the password does not work try admin or just leave it blank
If this is not the right IP try
192.168.1.1 and follow the same Username/Password as suggested above.
Hope this works for you.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Are you trying to reset the router password or wireless network password? Wireless network password is different than router access password. To change the wireless password, you will need to access the router page and change the settings. See how to find wireless network password To change the router access password, you can log in to router page and go to administration tab. There you will find the place to change the router password.
Please follow the below steps to install the router:
1. Connect the cable/phone line coming from Internet Service Provider to the WAN port of the router(isolated port).
2. Connect the computer to the router using any one of the 4 available ports.
3. Open a web browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Safari).
4. Access the router, usually by typing 'http://192.168.0.1' or 'http://www.routerlogin.com' in the address bar.
5. Login to the router (username = admin password = password unless you have changed it).
6. Click 'setup wizard'(at the top of list) from left menu.
7. Select yes and click next.
8. It should give you a "PPPoA Detected" and then click next.
9. Enter the login and password of ISP click apply.
10. Once the settings are updated click on 'router Status' and click on 'connection status' button(at the bottom of the page).
11. Click on connect button.
12. Connecting to server should show 'connected'.
13. If you receive 'CHAP authentication failed', close the 'connection status' window and click on 'Basic settings'. Check the login and password for ISP and apply the setting again.
14. Open up another browser window and try to access internet
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
If I have helped you, please help me, and rate this suggestion the highest FixYa rating. If you cannot rate this post with the highest rating, then please comment to this post and I will try to help you further.
connect the computer to the router and the modem to the router. you will need to open the set up page of the router to check the settings of the router. you can set up router with out the cd also. it is very easy. Click Here for more info
Select your model (v3,v4,v5 etc) then look at the setup pages. Set your security to WPA rather then WEP as this is easily crackable, and with WPA you can choose the password. You should also change the routers admin password to be extra safe.
Let me know if you need anymore help.
Try the http://192.168.1.1 to access the router config page (needs Ethernet cable to be connected to the Router)
If config page still does not appear, then check your Internet Explorer settings> Security Level (not set to custom) If it is, then choose RESET ALL ZONES TO DEFAULT LEVEL and then try this address again. It worked for me.